Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Lol....the funny thing is with the S510 is that I really wanted one and couldn't wait to pick it up. However, having been to Iden Ferns 3 times and used my springers instead I can honestly say if Rachel didn't want to use it I would sell it on and do without. I had a few shots at the last bash with it and although it shoots beautifully, its accuracy is second to none and basically it does what it says on the tin, its not an exciting rifle to use. I think to sum it up its almost too good to be enjoyable if that makes sense!!!!
    I do get that Mike, I never take either of my pcp’s (HW100 and AA S410) to my Range (only to zero or pellet test on occasion) and nor do I bring them to The Bash. I very much prefer to shoot a springer as it is without a doubt more challenging and rewarding. My pcp's are purely for hunting/pest control as I want to give myself every advantage I can when it comes to taking shots at live quarry.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    How's the improved rocket system coming along Mike? Perhaps instead of trying to fit a parachute you could fit an led light and retrieve it at night if you can't find it if it goes out of sight again.
    Great idea Gary and it’ll save me a bit of mileage trudging through fields
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Lol....the funny thing is with the S510 is that I really wanted one and couldn't wait to pick it up. However, having been to Iden Ferns 3 times and used my springers instead I can honestly say if Rachel didn't want to use it I would sell it on and do without. I had a few shots at the last bash with it and although it shoots beautifully, its accuracy is second to none and basically it does what it says on the tin, its not an exciting rifle to use. I think to sum it up its almost too good to be enjoyable if that makes sense!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I do get that Mike, I never take either of my pcp’s (HW100 and AA S410) to my Range (only to zero or pellet test on occasion) and nor do I bring them to The Bash. I very much prefer to shoot a springer as it is without a doubt more challenging and rewarding. My pcp's are purely for hunting/pest control as I want to give myself every advantage I can when it comes to taking shots at live quarry.
    Fully get what you're saying, chaps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

There, I've said it and I really hope the day never comes when I have to admit defeat. Now, no more talk of these namby pamby pfffttttt guns! Oh, and another thing.....if my arms and things were that bad, dunno how I'd manage to pump one of the damned things up or cart about a dodgy, heavy bottle!
    Just thinking about this carting a heavy bottle about thing Tone. When I got my first pcp a couple years ago I bought a pump with it and to be honest, I was quite happy doing the pumping and thankfully... I still can but, I bought a bottle to bring to the Range with me when I thought at the time I would be shooting it regularly there but as I said above, I don’t now as springers are more my thing. So.... my bottle sits in a cupboard upstairs and if I do a plinky/zeroing sesh in the garden I don’t need to lift it/move it to refill. If I’m going over to my permission which can be two to three times a week sometimes , I fill up at home before I go and knowing I have 80 odd shots (6 x 13 shot mag) I know I will never have to refill on site. I reckon my bottle stays in situ 99% of the time.

Very good points made there, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

66 sleeps to go, Saturday peeps.

BOING!

Just thinking about this carting a heavy bottle about thing Tone. When I got my first pcp a couple years ago I bought a pump with it and to be honest, I was quite happy doing the pumping and thankfully... I still can but, I bought a bottle to bring to the Range with me when I thought at the time I would be shooting it regularly there but as I said above, I don’t now as springers are more my thing. So.... my bottle sits in a cupboard upstairs and if I do a plinky/zeroing sesh in the garden I don’t need to lift it/move it to refill. If I’m going over to my permission which can be two to three times a week sometimes , I fill up at home before I go and knowing I have 80 odd shots (6 x 13 shot mag) I know I will never have to refill on site. I reckon my bottle stays in situ 99% of the time.
    Have to admit a tinge of jealousy and a bucketful of admiration on the pumping Paul. I worry about my pcp's, they're in the rack for about 95% of my shooting time, even with a portable bottle.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    How's the improved rocket system coming along Mike? Perhaps instead of trying to fit a parachute you could fit an led light and retrieve it at night if you can't find it if it goes out of sight again.
    I picked up some electrical conduit ready to construct a couple more rockets for September!!! The red lights a great idea. I have some leds and circuit board kit here at home. I may well have a dabble

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Have to admit a tinge of jealousy and a bucketful of admiration on the pumping Paul.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Yep, that LittlePaulyBoy's a proper sex God, Gwyn.

Oops; sorry, you meant pumping up the PCP.

Did you see Chris (Baldinio) pumping up his new Kral at the bash??? He was like a set of well oiled pistons...……..for about 20 seconds until he ran out of puff!!!!!

Yep, certainly did, Mike.

And it looked like bloody hard work to me with my dodgy bits, matey.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Have to admit a tinge of jealousy and a bucketful of admiration on the pumping Paul. I worry about my pcp's, they're in the rack for about 95% of my shooting time, even with a portable bottle.

ATB
    Gwyn
    I know what you mean about the lack of use of pcp’s Gwyn, if it weren’t for my fortunate ability to have a few places to shoot pests, I doubt I would use mine much at all. But, if you’re anything like me, you’ll not sell them and just hold on to them - that’s cool too

Being short, squat and a bit top heavy helps Tone

I picked up some electrical conduit ready to construct a couple more rockets for September!!! The red lights a great idea. I have some leds and circuit board kit here at home. I may well have a dabble
    Any chance you could get Sandra Bullock over to pilot it like in the film Gravity Mike ?

I would trudge many many acres of fields to retrieve that one❤️

Any chance you could get Sandra Bullock over to pilot it like in the film Gravity Mike ?

I would trudge many many acres of fields to retrieve that one❤️
    We'd be racing for her mate...…..the rocket I mean...….honest

Just 65 sleeps until our Little Field of Joy comes alive to the sounds of boinging, ker-doinking, pumping, launching and much merriment.

BOING!