Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    If we tie a piece of string to the rocket with the other end tied to you mate we just need to locate a Pauly in the wheat field. The swearing would make the job much easier
    Me ?, Swear ? You must be mixing me up with someone else mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

If we tie a piece of string to the rocket with the other end tied to you mate we just need to locate a Pauly in the wheat field. The swearing would make the job much easier

That's actually given me an idea. I reckon mark 2 rocket should have a parachute!!!

74 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Morning all on this nice shiny new BOINGERLICIOUS BOINGER BASH thread

What a wonderful thing it is to wake up and read all the banter from fellow BOINGER chaps already keen as mustard to meet up again in the not too distant future at The Hollow, to share enthusiasm and BOINGER experience with fellow BOINGERATI

Mick, I have now made the payment and I hope to see you fine folk on Friday 7th for somemore spring powered pellet pushing with my Weihrauchs, and yes, the delightful HW30S with the black stock will be coming with me what a wonderful little air rifle that is

BOING BOING BOING BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    74 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!
    Ooooohh yes, Tony mate,

The clock is ticking and it won't be long now

BOING and up we go for the September BOINGER BASH
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Sorry I didn't answer your question on the other thread Paul se. Yes I would recommend the Kral. It did well today out to 45 yards. Also was it you i was talking to about a steel silencer for a hw95 and couldn't think of the name of the polish company that makes similar silencers to the venom slimtech? The company is konceptus give them a google mate. Sorry I couldn't think of the name at the time I was uncharacteristically pissed as a fart lol good result on the pistol score the other day btw

Chris x
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update on the Kral - it certainly seems to be good bit of kit for the money, and I haven't yet seen any negative reports about it

Yes mate, we were discussing the silencer that was fitted to an HW95 that I bought from Venom years ago, and thanks for the info

Well the 10M AP score is a bit above average; shame those sort of scores don't appear often enough

BOING
    ATB, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Great to see you on, Graeme, and hope you're keeping well.

How did the gig go?

Y'know, despite Mick's terribly debilitating illness, he's still the super-sharp, quick witted, humourous and welcoming host.

Hope you get better really soon, Mick.
    Hi Tone...doing ok though could be a bit more active as I seem to be out of energy and listless at times. Been meaning to look out the bicycle in the first step towards getting a motorbike back on the go so with any luck I'll be on the pedal power later this week.

The gig went well.. About 150 folk in the audience and our 'Spirit of
    Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance' along with the 'Kinks Experience' put on a great show ..
    I'd like to get down to the Bash in September... Depends on gigs and stuff.
    I've been shooting an old refurbished and updated Webley Mk3 .177 with a cracking Sabre 2-7x32 scope hitting one-inch spinners out to 40 yards..Great fun��

Hope you're doing well yersel.
    Atb Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Hi Tone...doing ok though could be a bit more active as I seem to be out of energy and listless at times. Been meaning to look out the bicycle in the first step towards getting a motorbike back on the go so with any luck I'll be on the pedal power later this week.

The gig went well.. About 150 folk in the audience and our 'Spirit of
    Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance' along with the 'Kinks Experience' put on a great show ..
    I'd like to get down to the Bash in September... Depends on gigs and stuff.
    I've been shooting an old refurbished and updated Webley Mk3 .177 with a cracking Sabre 2-7x32 scope hitting one-inch spinners out to 40 yards..Great fun��

Hope you're doing well yersel.
    Atb Graeme
    The hot, sticky weather probably isn helping, Graeme, but after a while it seems that we acclimatise a little?

Sleepless nights don't help, though.

The pushbike is a great idea re getting used to being on two wheels again matey and a fair few health benefits, too.

Great to hear that the gig went well, sir.

Be great to see you again if you can make it down for some September boingering.

Okay here, thank you, apart from the high-maintenance tired pooch.........See next post....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Those "Manky" Marksman pellets..

A bit knackered today.......

After walk number SEVEN last night and a very stressed doggy, finally got to bed around 1.30am.

Up before seven and......my poor little pooch had pissed all over in her room. Walked her, cleaned her room out and gave her her brekkie. By 10.30 she had had another three walks and I hate taking her out in this heat, but she was getting ever so stressed. After returning from town, another two little walks with the wobbly dog. She then settled around 1.30. Still asleep now...guess I'll be paying for it again this evening.....

Took advantage of doggy slumber and thought I'd get the Ratty pistol out. Should I use the horrible looking Marksmans I commented on the other week? Thought I might as well........

Well, a few weeks ago I had flipped the rear sight blade over into peep sight mode. But the hole is really designed for if you fit the shoulder stock and too small for pistol eye relief. Tried it like this to start with and those pesky, manky looking pellets weren't too bad at this close range (six yards). I later flipped the sight over again. Better with the notch. Most groups under an inch and one really, really sweet one, with all the Mankies landing in a 15mm circle. And all this despite the less than perfect trigger and reaction from the hammer. One day, one day, I might just do some cheap mods to the trigger, reduce the hammer spring and weight and see how much better it gets. I really don't want to fall into the trap of lobbing cash at aftermarket goodies. Not that the gun wouldn't be substantially improved; it probably would be. But it kinda moves it away from the cheap and cheerful plinker ethos, methinks.

Anyways, enough of this silly CO2 business, next time will be Boinger time again.

How's our Mick?

PLEASE, Mick, give us some good news that you may be feeling a little better?

Cool Square Sausage?

Hey Graeme,

I guess you like and have partaken in, plenty of times, the above?

Over the years I've mentioned it many times to people and they look at you totally bewildered!

I had my first taste in 1983. A Scottish road trip holiday with one of my mates who had relatives up there. We had the first two nights at his Grandparents' in Hamilton and in the mornings his Gran' served up an awesome full Scottish breakfast, including the square sausage, scotch pancakes, black pudding, bacon, beans etc. Double yummy!

On that trip we went on to see one of his aunties in Ardrossan, went to Largs and Millport, then up through Glencoe to Fort William and Ben Nevis. Then onto Inverness and onto the Black Isle where one of his uncles had hired a static caravan. We stayed there for two nights, visited Ullapool whilst up there and had great fun playing on the beach for hours with his uncle's absolutely adorable Olde English Sheepdog.

Awesome country and people.

Many years ago someone brought me some more of the square delicacy down. Not had any for years. Mentioned it to The Dragon a few weeks ago and, last night, she found some at a reduced price at our local Morrison's.

So it was square sausage and eggs for tea last night, washed down with a couple of tins of John Smith's.

Same again this evening, apparently.

Doggy had walk number one at 6.30.

Second walk twenty minutes ago.

Now panting and getting stressed and wanting to go again.

See you in a bit.

Got back from walky number three about ten minutes ago.

Here we go again........

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Wont be making this one or the next but I may be up for one sometime next year, be in touch Chaps, signing off for a while.
    “An airgun or two”………

Exciting times for you, John.

All the very best and I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Plenty of "Square Sausage Opportunities" for you, methinks.

If you do get the chance to arrange a little meet-up before you go, give us a shout. Maybe get Mel and JohnBaz lined up, too?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Me ?, Swear ? You must be mixing me up with someone else mate
    Don't think I've ever heard you swear (much!!) either, Pauly.

I hope you've been giving the lady garden your best attention.