Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Sorry wont make this as we go to greece on the 7th see you in november

Late evening boing and up we go

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Don't think I've ever heard you swear (much!!) either, Pauly.

I hope you've been giving the lady garden your best attention.
    didn’t go in the end Tone as I had Docs appointment Monday, he sent me for blood tests today and wants to see me again tomorrow. I would then have gone to the lady garden on Thursday but hardly worth it as I’d have to be back the same day cos I’ve got to go into work for a few hours on Friday and then pick the Missus up from Gatwick Airport Friday night. Hopefully next week.

BTW, I know exactly what a square sausage is matey, you can get them in Iceland
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Bloody long way to go for a sausage.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Sorry wont make this as we go to greece on the 7th see you in november
    Sorry that you can't make this one, Al, but have yourselves a great time and see you at The Halloween / Bonfire Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

didn’t go in the end Tone as I had Docs appointment Monday, he sent me for blood tests today and wants to see me again tomorrow. I would then have gone to the lady garden on Thursday but hardly worth it as I’d have to be back the same day cos I’ve got to go into work for a few hours on Friday and then pick the Missus up from Gatwick Airport Friday night. Hopefully next week.

Oh no, the lady bush fails to get the attention it craves.

Sorry to hear you're under the Quack, Pauly. Hope you're okay matey.xxx

At least you'll not be having to the missus any momentous news just yet, like you may have been doing.

Keep well my friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Late evening boing and up we go

BOING
    Any time's a good time for a Boing, Paul, and all Boings more than welcome.

Sleepometer says.......

73 to go, peeps.

BOING!

73 days !!!!

73 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    I can't wait that long !!
    Jonny

I'm on holiday in Scotland that week, so sadly won't attend. I'm sure you'll have a good one though.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Bloody long way to go for a sausage.

Dave
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

PLEASE, Mick, give us some good news that you may be feeling a little better?
    Sorry, Tone, no good news on my condition, but not to worry as everything's ready for the September Bash.

Last week I sanded and resprayed all the targets and cleaned the BBQ, so all the hardware is already sorted and all I have to do now are the simple things like mowing the site and ordering toilets.

So with everything already sorted I now have nothing to worry about and can put my feet up for the next ten weeks and concentrate on getting better.

[cent[/center]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyl View Post
    hey graeme,

i guess you like and have partaken in, plenty of times, the above?

over the years i've mentioned it many times to people and they look at you totally bewildered!

I had my first taste in 1983. A scottish road trip holiday with one of my mates who had relatives up there. We had the first two nights at his grandparents' in hamilton and in the mornings his gran' served up an awesome full scottish breakfast, including the square sausage, scotch pancakes, black pudding, bacon, beans etc. Double yummy!

on that trip we went on to see one of his aunties in ardrossan, went to largs and millport, then up through glencoe to fort william and ben nevis. Then onto inverness and onto the black isle where one of his uncles had hired a static caravan. We stayed there for two nights, visited ullapool whilst up there and had great fun playing on the beach for hours with his uncle's absolutely adorable olde english sheepdog.

Awesome country and people.

Many years ago someone brought me some more of the square delicacy down. Not had any for years. Mentioned it to the dragon a few weeks ago and, last night, she found some at a reduced price at our local morrison's.

So it was square sausage and eggs for tea last night, washed down with a couple of tins of john smith's.

Same again this evening, apparently.

doggy had walk number one at 6.30.

Second walk twenty minutes ago.

Now panting and getting stressed and wanting to go again.

See you in a bit.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Glad it wasn't wasted.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

See above...
    Something went wonky with my reply Tone... Anyway that was a very interesting post and I visualised all the places you went to on that great road trip including the 'skwerr sausage' full Scottish breakfast you got at your pal's grans. Did you do that trip on motorbikes? Millport's one of my all-time favourite places ... Used to go holidays there when I young ... Last time I went was 2007 when I went over for the Country Music Festival (usually first weekend September) on my Norton Commando 750 Fastback which attracted a lot of interest.

Yes... The redoubtable infamous square (Skwerr as it's pronounced in Glasgow and Southwest Scotland thanks to the Irish influence on linguistics) sausage...A Caledonian delicacy of varying quality and fat content depending on the source of purchase. One of the best ways to enjoy is in a good quality well- fired breakfast roll or bap as you may refer to them in more southerly climes. In some ways it's similar to a beef burger but more peppery and spicier. Local butchers have their own recipes and the flavour, texture and quality varies enormously depending on the ingredients and quality of the meat, similar I suppose to beef and pork links. Usually the supermarket variety which is sometimes sold in a large long 'slab" which you slice yourself is inferior in quality, much fattier and not as tasty, so it's worth paying a bit extra for a good butchers product. There's a very good butchers called Collins in the village of Muirhead about 8 miles from me but they supply my local 'convenience' store that's just doon the road from me. Another example of Scottish 'delicacies' is the mince or Scotch pie made all all over the country by local butchers and bakers and a guid yin is an absolute delight particularly eaten along with a mug of Bovril or Oxo.. The half-time staple diet of fitba' fans all over the country.
    Once again the quality and the price can vary considerably but it's an tnterestinv and rewarding quest for me, searching for good ones which I usually do when visiting or playing gigs in different towns and villages throughout the country as I make a point of fraternising wee butcher and baker shops wherever they are. 'Stuarts of Buckhaven' in Fife make great pies... 'Scotch', Macaroni, Chicken Curry, Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Steak and various other kinds which are usually available in Scotmid Co-op shops throughout Central Scotland... Well worth checking out if anyone is on their travels up here. Next time I get down to a Bash I'll try and bring some with me.... Along with some guid quality prime 'Skwerr Sausage'.

Hope you're coping ok wi' yer wee dug. You get very attached to them. In the late 70's and 80's I had a great fox terrier whippet cross called 'Fudge'.. A remarkably clever dog, she used to ride pillion on my motorbike.. An absolute natural.
    A memorable journey was back in '87 when squeezed between me and my fiancée on the back of my Ducati Mike Hailwood replica ( and her pup, Toffo was inside my bike jacket with her head poking out as we rode 25 miles or so from Laxey to Port St Mary on the Isle of Man at the TT. We even managed a wee detour along the prom at Douglas and folks jaws were dropping as we burbled past with the occasional blip of the throttle to get the full musical benefit of the Conti 'silencers'!..Happy Days!😎