Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Managed to spend a tiny bit of quality time with The Predator earlier.

Put the scope back on, just a few clicks to tweak and now bang on at about 9 yards, so should be okay at about 25 yards subject to checking.

What a lovely little thing it is. Sometimes, people may wonder what all the fuss is about, as it's not that much shorter than some of the more compact springers, like a 99. But it's a fair bit shorter than a standard 80. And, with the high all-up weight from the chunky 80 action and the lightweight 25mm Laxaglide internals, the thing hardly moves. Can't remember which fine Boingerati once made the comment,"Wow, that's easy. It's like a PCP and you can't miss". Maybe one of the Cleary Gang?

Well, I do like my "underdog" guns and very often I'll use them or one of the pistols for garden use. But when you can just keep dropping pellets down the same pellet sized hole with so little effort with a quality gun it puts a smile on your face and makes you feel most privileged.

I love 80s. And I know they're not going to shoot as sweetly as this one, but I really must get my two Venom 80s from my dad's one day and get re-acquainted.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, Phil.

I mean, it IS, in'it?

S'pose Mick's musical teaser was a bit of a clue, mind!
    I thought he'd just put up a song about hammering, because he couldn't think of one about welding.

Anyways, how's your back doing?
    I dunno Tone, It feels like my skeleton has been removed, and replaced with a slightly different one.

30mm HWs.

And following on from the post above.......

Mick.......y'know that 35 of yours. The one with the 70mm (I think) stroke? Slightly lighter piston maybe and shoots oh so very sweetly, could I pretty please have another little go on it at this Bash?

And if anyone has a short-stroked 80, same applies, please peeps?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I thought he'd just put up a song about hammering, because he couldn't think of one about welding.

I dunno Tone, It feels like my skeleton has been removed, and replaced with a slightly different one.
    Lol re the song! Reminds me of a joke that went around when we were in our teens........"She was only a welder's daughter but she had acetylene t-ts!"

Are you in as much pain as you were a few weeks ago at the last Bash? You really didn't look good, matey. You did seem to be in far better shape on the Sunday, mind. Still got the walking stick?

Very best wishes to you matey xxx

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

And if anyone has a short-stroked 80, same applies, please peeps?
    I’ve got an 80, I’m short and happy to give you a stroke if that’s any good Tone
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I know this is really meant to go in the wanted, but somehow seems more appropriate here?

Has anybody got a mint Gat Gun I can buy?

Doesn't need a box (but would be nice) but must be in perfect working order and not too many marks or scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I know this is really meant to go in the wanted, but somehow seems more appropriate here?

Has anybody got a mint Gat Gun I can buy?

Doesn't need a box (but would be nice) but must be in perfect working order and not too many marks or scratches.

Probably a good thread to ask on Rob but you could chuck an ad in the wanted too. I’ve seen a few over the years but they’ve all been a bit beaten up to be honest. There must be some good ones out there though ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Done, thanks

Hope I don't get told off for double posting :/
    Not at all, it’s just a query Rob. Now I hope some ‘cold case’ Cop isn’t looking in. In the very early 70’s I’d have been 10 or 11 years old and one of the lads we hung around with had a gat gun and we used to shoot at passers by with it from afar (probably 50yds or more) and thinking we were probably just missing them but we know better now (). Anyway, we found a much better use for it. We all smoked back then (I still do and they say it stunts your growth, load of bollerx) and you may remember the cigarette machines that were dotted around the streets often on shop corners. They had a selection of around 4 different brands from Embassy to Players No6 (my faves❤️). Above each drawer was a stack of fag packets you could see through a slot of Georgian wired glass. We used to cock (compress) the gat gun and let rip on the glass with the front of the barrel time and time again, pummelling it until we could make a gap big enough to grab the packets, turn them through 90 degrees and pull them out.

It’s my duty to say.... anybody reading this.. DO NOT try this because..

... They don’t do those fag machines anymore !!!
    Last edited by NewPaul; 25-07-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve got an 80, I’m short and happy to give you a stroke if that’s any good Tone
    Well, not exactly what I had in mind, Pauly, but very appealing nonetheless!

Not at all, it’s just a query Rob. Now I hope some ‘cold case’ Cop isn’t looking in. In the very early 70’s I’d have been 10 or 11 years old and one of the lads we hung around with had a gat gun and we used to shoot at passers by with it from afar (probably 50yds or more) and thinking we were probably just missing them but we know better now (). Anyway, we found a much better use for it. We all smoked back then (I still do and they say it stunts your growth, load of bollerx) and you may remember the cigarette machines that were dotted around the streets often on shop corners. They had a selection of around 4 different brands from Embassy to Players No6 (my faves❤️). Above each drawer was a stack of fag packets you could see through a slot of Georgian wired glass. We used to cock (compress) the gat gun and let rip on the glass with the front of the barrel time and time again, pummelling it until we could make a gap big enough to grab the packets, turn them through 90 degrees and pull them out.

Naughty, naughty, naughty boy!

And the sleep counter thingermejig says we have 45 to go, peeps.

BOING!

THAT'S FUNNY AS HELL

Sounds a little like my youth in the 70's growing up in Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    He always looks quite normal and dapper to me, Paul.

Attachment 278286
    Oh Shit!!!!! I'm off to buy a razor!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Do you pride yourself on ordinarily looking really dodgy then Mike?
    I do now I've officially been twinned with Peter Sutcliff!!!!!!!!