Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I do now I've officially been twinned with Peter Sutcliff!!!!!!!!
    Trade the tranny for an artic and you're there😁😁
    Pete

I knew there was something worrying me yesterday, couldn't quite put my finger on it. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I knew there was something worrying me yesterday, couldn't quite put my finger on it. 😁
    And you put a .308 in my hands???????

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Gonna try me best Chris but work always gets mental in August and September so fingers crossed and I'm bonza if a bit more suntanned can't believe it's Britain at the mo how's you ,and the new wheels?
    I'm great matey, looking forward to the bash. The car is keeping me smiling, first motor I've had with working a/c in about a decade it's come in handy just recently hope you make it to the bash mate would be great to see you again bud. Keep enjoying the sunshine

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Alisha bought her FIRST springer today

We decided to try Sportsman Exeter, Heavitree Gun & sport and Blue Fox today.

We started with Sportsman, what a disaster that was! On their website they say they have a blue lam HW97 .177 "hurry last one" Nope, not there !!!! I expressed my unhappiness as that was the main reason to go there and moved onto looking at their range of HW's. I asked if Alisha could try to cock any HW95 they had on display and if she could, I'd like to see all their HW95 stock (4 guns). So with that request, the man went off to the store room and brought out one gun? He started to unbox it, I said there was no need to unwrap it, one from the shelf would be OK to try and cock! He gave some rubbish about that was not what I'd asked, but then went to the rack. Alisha confirmed to me after that my request was perfectly clear, and the guy was just not listening!

Anyway, can't remember detail now, but a gun was cocked. The guy went to dry fire it into the carpet, I said please don't do that, it's not good for the gun and it can be de-cocked via the trigger! He said it couldn't as the barrel would return to strongly to hold by hand I told him I'd been shooting spring guns for 30 odd years and it CAN be de-cocked! He then shouted across the shop floor he was going to fire, stuck the barrel of this new gun into the carpet and dry fired it

Alisha was handed the gun back, I said to her, "you know we are now not buying that gun", twice. The guy said "is there a problem?" I said "yes, because you just dry fired it! Every gun she cocks to find one she can, you will then dry fire it, so we do have a problem!" I pondered the situation for a moment, telepathically consulted Alisha and told the guy, "thanks, but no thanks, we'll go elsewhere". and left!

Angry bear suggested Heavitree Gun & sport as it was also on the way to Blue Fox. I rang them first and asked two questions, How many springers do you have in stock? and how do YOU de-cock them? They replied, with a pellet in the barrel out the back of the shop. That was good enough for me and we were in there within 5 minutes.

They had a nice selection of mainly HW's to try, They all got de-cocked via trigger and arm easily, What a surprise He even gave each gun a little spray of oil and a wipe after we had handled them before putting back on the rack On the rack, they had what looked like a HW95 Luxus in .177 long barrel with out open sights but with a barrel weight. We'd never seen this flavour of WH before on the net. It had a totally undamaged stock, some nice grain and wonderful metal work. She was able to cock it, so we bought it She then went on to buy a nice bag and the shop gave her a tin of pellets of her choice (she went for JSB Exact Diablo 4.52 )

The gun is REALLY nice, even I say that and I'm not really a 'Weihrauch man'. Heavitree Gun & sport were really helpful and gave Alisha all the time she needed to chose her gun and didn't hesitate in offering her a wide selection of guns to try. I told the shop they had been recommended to us from BBS member Angrybear and I'd report back to the forum.

Alisha is over the moon with her new Boing Boing and is now climbing the walls counting down the days to the Sep Bash !

A big thank you to Angrybear and Heavitree Gun & sport, a huge 'never use you again' to Sportsman (any Sportsman)!
    Well done Alisha, excellent choice of rifle

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    I do now I've officially been twinned with Peter Sutcliff!!!!!!!!
    No, in a stunning u-turn I'm now on your side against the beard prejudiced.

Real men have beards.

Beards act like an antennae for manly dynamism and enable all the fantastic things that bearded men do and which the hairless men of impoverished loins do not.

Further more, men without beards are shifty as the following music video makes explicit.

"An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Lunchtime beardy Boing, and up we go

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    No, in a stunning u-turn I'm now on your side against the beard prejudiced.

Real men have beards.

Beards act like an antennae for manly dynamism and enable all the fantastic things that bearded men do and which the hairless men of impoverished loins do not.

Further more, men without beards are shifty as the following music video makes explicit.

That's a Helluva U-turn there mate!!!! I'm guessing there's actually a fair chance you have a beard yourself???!!!

Edit: Fred West was a great guitarist. Apparently pretty good at quality patio laying too!!!!

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    That's a Helluva U-turn there mate!!!! I'm guessing there's actually a fair chance you have a beard yourself???!!!

I may do...

Edit: Fred West was a great guitarist. Apparently pretty good at quality patio laying too!!!!
    So is the artist formerly known as Rooti "Fred" Rickenbacker...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Teatime sunny afternoon beardy Boing, and up we go

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

You bad boy! I almost spat my wife beater out! 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    And you put a .308 in my hands???????
    Ah, so Mike made it there, then.

Hope you peeps are having a lovely time.

Jamie.......guns are fine, just make sure you keep any tools out of his sight!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quick question........

For all those with "glass back" syndrome..

Are your pains etc better at the moment? Mine have been lots better since this spell of dry, hot weather. Just wondering if it's just me or if this warmth / high pressure is helping?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool Holiday!

Blimey, that's a first. Last day at work for a week and a half for me.

But, now that I'm in a job that's good, with nice people, run properly and professionally and a lovely atmosphere, it must be the first time in at least twenty years or so that I've not been silly stressed and counting down the days until I was off and it's done my well-being no end of good.

But will still be counting down until BOINGTIME with vigour!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    For all those with "glass back" syndrome..

Are your pains etc better at the moment? Mine have been lots better since this spell of dry, hot weather. Just wondering if it's just me or if this warmth / high pressure is helping?
    My knees are better, but my finger joints are much worse!
    God rest ye jelly mental men