Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hey Mikeeeey you couldn’t ask for a better Mentor than Our Chris Do it mate !
    Absolutely!!!!! got to be done. Unfortunately at the moment still completely laid up with my back which went big time on the way home from Devon. Looking like another or repeated prolapsed disc which is a real bugger, especially as one of the main triggers for these problems is riding the motorbike. I've reluctantly decided i'm going to sell the Honda Africa but keep hold of the XJR. On a positive note though, upon the sale of the Africa I will have enough funds to sell my Transit van and get something a little more up to date for work use and travelling to the bashes etc. Always a silver lining!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Absolutely!!!!! got to be done. Unfortunately at the moment still completely laid up with my back which went big time on the way home from Devon. Looking like another or repeated prolapsed disc which is a real bugger, especially as one of the main triggers for these problems is riding the motorbike. I've reluctantly decided i'm going to sell the Honda Africa but keep hold of the XJR. On a positive note though, upon the sale of the Africa I will have enough funds to sell my Transit van and get something a little more up to date for work use and travelling to the bashes etc. Always a silver lining!!!!!
    Like your thinking Mike, always glass half full ! 👍

I'm a firm believer in the fact that positive things can definitely come from negatives. One absolute prime example is the fact that a couple of years ago I was a keen golfer until my ongoing back problems put that passion to rest. Upon this happening I began looking into airgunning as I had always been a keen garden plinker but had never taken it any further than that. Having then joined this forum looking for info, I met all you great people and found the sacred boinger bash. The end result being that on top of all the excellant friends I still have from my golfing days, I've been lucky enough to make a substantial amount of superb friends in the form of all of you guys which wouldn't have necessarily happened under normal circumstances. Glass most definitely half full

Gutten morgen boinger volk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yay, August!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yay, August!
    Certainly is, Nick, giving a perfick excuse for a "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits" rendition wishing all the lovely Boinger Folk the very best.

And meaning it's Bash time NEXT MONTH!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

All the very best wishes for a speedy recovery for your back, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And just 38 little sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

My 13 year old grandson Jake has expressed interest in airgunning, so I'm currently in negtiations with my daughter to bring him to this Bash (I'll be there anyway).

If it works out I'll slip you his fee across the tractor Mick, hope you're good Mate.

As ever can't wait!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    My 13 year old grandson Jake has expressed interest in airgunning, so I'm currently in negtiations with my daughter to bring him to this Bash (I'll be there anyway).
    Yay --- Jake can have the job of responsible adult, Gwyn.

Now that would be great if you can get young Jake along, Gwyn.

My 13 year old has had a couple of little plinks over the last year or two. Most recently one a couple of months ago which he really enjoyed (much to The Evil Witch of The West's consternation).

When we were out yesterday I asked him whether he would like to do a little more today and he said "yes". "Rifle or pistol?", and he replied, "rifle". So we'll hopefully be having a dad and boy plink in a short while. And then I just need to work on her to secure his attendance at The Hollow.

By the way, "slipping Mick one over the tractor" sounds well kinky, Gwyn!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I could here the mike drop all the way t'up north

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Now that would be great if you can get young Jake along, Gwyn.

My 13 year old has had a couple of little plinks over the last year or two. Most recently one a couple of months ago which he really enjoyed (much to The Evil Witch of The West's consternation).

When we were out yesterday I asked him whether he would like to do a little more today and he said "yes". "Rifle or pistol?", and he replied, "rifle". So we'll hopefully be having a dad and boy plink in a short while. And then I just need to work on her to secure his attendance at The Hollow.

By the way, "slipping Mick one over the tractor" sounds well kinky, Gwyn!eek:
    Your excellent comments always appreciated Tone: but:

They'll carry more weight when you've done an overnighter

I know they've never been the same since we gave 'em the vote Tone, though I have explained to you more than once how a wife hook works, easy to make too from a bit of 1" by 1/8" mild steel bar.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Last edited by slinger69; 01-08-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: ttttypo

Up we go with an afternoon Boing folks

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

You've just got a big ' thumbs-up' from Angela Mick

ATB