Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Sunday lunchtime sunny Boing folks

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Google where you can buy it. See how long it takes MI5 to call
    I'm not scared. That furniture shop went bust years ago

Just come back from an afternoon in whitby, it felt like the entire world was there. Somewhat packed

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Just come back from an afternoon in whitby, it felt like the entire world was there. Somewhat packed
    I will avoid it until October
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Ficam is definitely not going to fix my two broken toes you Noddy! Have I taught you nothing. 🙄😂
    How about Araldite, that suppose to fix everything
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2

So far the best thing I have found is a pair of lowa combat gtx boots, thick socks then pull the boots up real tight.
    The flip flops however that I wore today for five hours whilst mowing didn't cut it! as my swollen foot will now testify. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I will avoid it until October
    I would too under normal circumstances but we had some friends from Manchester staying over and they really wanted to go. It was like being a sardine in a particularly hot and sweaty tin can

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Ficam is definitely not going to fix my two broken toes you Noddy! Have I taught you nothing. 🙄😂
    Two broken toes? Ouch!

Hope you're feeling much better very soon, Jamie.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Managed to squeeze in a not quite so boingery plink in earlier........

After going down to Kew on Thursday my neck and arms have been playing up a fair bit. So I thought it maybe better not to aggravate it too much.

Now, the first Ratty I bought (in about 2011, I think) I ended up "mini-carbining" it....standard barrel, steel breech, longer probe and shoulder stock. The thinking behind it being that if I were to ever get a close range ratting perm, although the Ratty's power is fine, doing it with a pistol is a no-no. And this thing would be accurate enough, right? Which it is and it initially wore a 4x32AO scope. However, about three years ago I bought a little Walther Competition Red Dot. Didn't play much and I remember being a little underwhelmed, especially wth the mount partially obscuring the loading port, making loading fiddly.

Anyways, today.....first checked that the battery was still okay on the Red Dot...Yep.

Then proceeded to try and shoot a few groups at ten yards. Result.....plenty of tight little clusters, all coverable by a 5p piece. So, not like most of my springers where they'll send pellet after pellet down the same pellet sized hole. But then I don't know if I was using the little Ratty's favourite ammo? Anyways, with that sort of grouping, easily up to the original intended purpose. And, after the first few little groups, I thought I'd switch more into "snap shooting" mode, really quick, and the group sizes remained small.

All in all, a proper little laugh for an hour or so.

Anyone want me to bring it to the Bash?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Cleary View Post
    How about Araldite, that suppose to fix everything
    Could be worse, you could've suggested Gorilla Glue, but that would be rude 😁😁😁
    Pete

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    My brother has just called to ask if I wanted his Crossman pump up pistol from the 70s. Be rude to say no, been in an airing cupboard for 30 years. Needs new seals but hopefully I will have a new toy for the bash
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    My brother has just called to ask if I wanted his Crossman pump up pistol from the 70s. Be rude to say no, been in an airing cupboard for 30 years. Needs new seals but hopefully I will have a new toy for the bash
    Excellent!

Lovely little pistols. Usually very accurate, Pete, and an absolute doddle to work on.

33 little ones to go, Good People of The Hollow.

BOING!

Some of you may know, I'm trying to buy a nicer TX stock than the one I have. I do have another thread on this, but I think it is well and truly dead as I asked this question and have no replies. I'm sure there are quite a number of gun shops in Brum. Maybe if I ask the same question here, I'll get some recommendations?

I’m going to have a ‘Birmingham gun shop run’ in the next few weeks. I’ll start first thing Saturday morning and just keep ‘shop hopping’ until I run out of shops in the Brum area. I’ll do a google search and compile a list of gun shops, but If anybody here knows of some ‘must do’ shops, please let me know and I’ll make sure I call in to them

Thanks
    Rob.

Sunny Monday morning teabreak Boing

BOING and up we go folks
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/