Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1284

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I aim to have the campsite and range mowed by Sunday night, so it'll be ready if anyone wants to show up on Monday morning --- which has happened in the past.

Toilets won't be here until Tuesday though unless I order them to be delivered earlier.

All the best Mick
    As ever, you're a star, Mick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Cleary View Post
    Well only 7 sleeps for us and the long range forecast is for good weather, lets hope it stays that way.
    Top man. And fingers crossed that the weather pans out as forecast.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Nice one mate, sounds awesome. That little Benelli sounds great fun. Got to be done
    I saw one in a bike shop in Swindon Mike when I took my mate over there to put a deposit on a Royal Enfield Himalayan (he picks that up on Tuesday) and I fell in love with the little beast.

I see you’ve got the magnets on order
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pauly, great to hear that all is going to plan. Apartment sounds cool and plenty of storage space finally for your guns and stuff.

Mmm......Benelli.....that'd be a "no" from me, methinks. Funky looking for sure. But reliability, parts availability etc sure to be a let down. I know it's just for a bit of fun but in the 125 market I think I'd have to be opting for a safer bet, like a Honda. And Honda do the MSX (I think?) which is a cool looking mini type bike. Reliability, build quality and back-up assured plus you'll always be able to sell it easily when it's time to wave goodbye.

But if you have a full licence.....???.....Lots more doors open for you then matey!
    Cheers Tone, my mate said similar to be honest but I just liked the whole package ?? I have been looking at the Honda Grom (MSX) too and absolutely it’s a better bet for spares, after-market stuff and re-sale but they’re a bit bland in comparison (in my eyes anyway). We’ll see, I may leave it now until next Spring.

Yep, had a full bike licence for nearly 40 years now back when your test was driving round the block a few times
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Cheers Tone, my mate said similar to be honest but I just liked the whole package ?? I have been looking at the Honda Grom (MSX) too and absolutely it’s a better bet for spares, after-market stuff and re-sale but they’re a bit bland in comparison (in my eyes anyway). We’ll see, I may leave it now until next Spring.

Yep, had a full bike licence for nearly 40 years now back when your test was driving round the block a few times
    Mmm.....let's put this tactfully.......don't touch the Benelli with a barge pole, Pauly, it'll be a minger for sure!

Full licence opens up loads more interesting possibilities, Pauly, like a nice little DRZ400SM or any of the 660 Yamaha thumpers, like the earlier MT03.

And yes, remember the old test vividly. Bit of a joke, really, with the examiner standing on the pavement whilst you disappeared off.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
    And yes, remember the old test vividly. Bit of a joke, really, with the examiner standing on the pavement whilst you disappeared off.
    That's right Tone ... The old test was a bit of a joke as you disappeared round a circular route and as you returned the examiner was hiding behind a parked car ready to jump out in front of you to force you into an emergency stop... But at least you knew this was going to happen.
    I remember hearing of an incident in Glasgow where the procedure was exactly the same and when the examiner jumped out in front of the biker, it was a different bike altogether with a rider that wasn't expecting this to happen! Needless to say they both ended up in a bit of a tangle!��
    Last edited by T 20; 31-08-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Sorting quotes

Up we go folks

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
    Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY
    That's right Tone ... The old test was a bit of a joke as you disappeared round a circular route and as you returned the examiner was hiding behind a parked car ready to jump out in front of you to force you into an emergency stop... But at least you knew this was going to happen.
    I remember hearing of an incident in Glasgow where the procedure was exactly the same and when the examiner jumped out in front of the biker, it was a different bike altogether with a rider that wasn't expecting this to happen! Needless to say they both ended up in a bit of a tangle!��
    Class!

8/7/6/5/4 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Oh dear, I seem to be indecently excited about this one, as I shall be making my first acquaintance with my recently acquired FWB sport, which a very kind contributor to this thread will kindly be delivering to me. Roll on Saturday!
    My new gun is slowly arriving bit by bit, Mike.

The stock showed up this morning :-

image.jpg

I'll be getting the action when Jonny Neate arrives.

image.jpg

Aha, lovely.

And two old school 50s in as many Bashes.

I'm here finally guys, (Sunbeam's daughter)

Can't wait for the next boing bash with my appropriate equipment this time

I think I'll be hard to miss this time

Boing Boing

Alisha.

image.jpg

Just prolonging the excitement, I think the wait would be a threat to my ancient heart. But what fun when it is all together again

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sunbeam View Post
    I'm here finally guys, (Sunbeam's daughter)

Can't wait for the next boing bash with my appropriate equipment this time

I think I'll be hard to miss this time

Boing Boing

Alisha.
    Welcome to the BBS and the Boinger Bash thread Alisha

See you there.

Tuesday night or Wednesday

image.jpg

Hopefully, and can't wait Jonny