Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1284

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

A long shot but is there anyone going to the bash that could pick up a stock for me from Woolstone, SN77QS NR Swindon.

Many thanks

BBF
    Last edited by Blackbaronfish; 01-09-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    A long shot but is there anyone going to the bash that could pick up a stock for me from Woolstone, in Oxfordshire.

Many thanks

BBF
    I'm sure someone would be up for that, Ray, if there are enough cakes being dangled!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sunbeam View Post
    I'm here finally guys, (Sunbeam's daughter)

Can't wait for the next boing bash with my appropriate equipment this time

I think I'll be hard to miss this time

Boing Boing

Alisha.
    And a very warm welcome & congratulations from me.

Look forward to seeing you and your sorted Boing Boing next weekend.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sunbeam View Post
    I'm here finally guys, (Sunbeam's daughter)

Can't wait for the next boing bash with my appropriate equipment this time

I think I'll be hard to miss this time

Boing Boing

Alisha.
    A warm welcome to you

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I saw one in a bike shop in Swindon Mike when I took my mate over there to put a deposit on a Royal Enfield Himalayan (he picks that up on Tuesday) and I fell in love with the little beast.

I see you’ve got the magnets on order
    I have indeed mate. I had a rummage through my shed the other day and found my grappling hook too. I wasn't sure if I had sold it with the kayak but fortunately I hadn't

Cool Wabbits, Wabbits, Wabbits.

Yep, 'tis the first of a month again and not just any old month but a month with a Boinger Bash!

Very best of luck to all you lovely BoingerPeeps.

And see you in just seven little sleeps' time.

BOING!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Anyone coming have a trailer socket tester I could loan for a few minutes. My socket on the bus isn't working and a clue would help.

Ta.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

.....And this time next week our beloved Quigley Hollow will be reverberating to the sounds of The Boing, the pssstt......ding of many boingers connecting with those countless spinners, the whining sounds of the bucket re-setting, all to the brilliantly natured back drop of friendly chat and banter amongst The Boingerati as the main day of The Bash is in full swing and the many over-nighters will have awaken from their slumber.

I can taste it now!

And there's time to still "get in there", folks.

BOING!

Cool ISP Spartans

And I see two lovely Spartans have been acquired by two of our top chaps.

Very well done, peeps.

And make sure you get the motor sorted, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Anyone coming have a trailer socket tester I could loan for a few minutes. My socket on the bus isn't working and a clue would help.

Ta.

Dave
    Check your 30 amp fuses Dave

Had my first plink since losing the lovely BrembyBo today.

The day before she died I'd had a sesh in the back garden with the Ratbuster "mini-carbine" with the red dot sight and I thought it was the right thing to do to use that today. Finished off the tin of Air Arms Hunter pointed pellets first, that I had given with my freebie Gamo last year. Then switched onto using up a tin of Accupells which, although okay, don't seem to be the favourite of many of my guns. Seemingly quite inconsistent in size, too. Well, the Ratty wasn't THAT bad, but certainly not brilliant with the Accupells. But a fair few flyers, like half an inch awry at just ten yards. Although I do quite like the Red Dot, I have a couple of issues with it......firstly, due to the position I had to mount it, loading is a right fiddly affair. Secondly, the sight line is pretty high, so you can't get comfy at all on the shoulder stock. Might stick the 4x32 back on, we'll see.

I later pulled the freebie Gamo Vipermax out. As many of you know (as it's been to a couple of Bashes with me), I'm really loving this little gun. It's knocked the bucket over a fair few times. Well, at the same ten yards today and using those Accupells, this little gem is consistently shooting tiny little holes, just slightly larger than a single pellet hole. Yes, it's still as twangy as hell, but there's minimal sight picture disturbance. And, as I've seen reported in many US posts in the past, the trigger's getting better as it wears in too. I love the synthetic stock, especially the mega-comfy "rubberised" cheek piece, the Mercury-esque lines with the sloping end block (yes, I know it's just a dummy) and the overall feel of this much overlooked rifle. Doesn't need tuning in a quest for accuracy, just needs de-boinging, which I must get round to sometime.....thinking spring with smaller ID and sleeving the piston. If I'd paid £150 for it, I'd be happy. The fact that it was a freebie is an extra bonus and I could see myself trying out a fair few other Gamos once the spendies allow!
    Last edited by TonyL; 01-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Check your 30 amp fuses Dave
    Will do, ta.
    Smell my cheese

I can smell fresh cut grass..... the mighty Mick is in action

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    I can smell fresh cut grass..... the mighty Mick is in action

BBF
    Yep, that'll be me Ray --- Quigley Hollow is now a shaven haven.

Also sorted are the toilets for Tuesday delivery, and yesterday I collected another load of wood for the bonfire.

I just have the BBQ supplies to buy this week and we'll be good to go.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Good evening to the Basharatti faithful ... I fear I have been conspicuous by my absence on this thread this bash around, and deliberately so, as didn't want to rub salt into the open wound of not being able to attend this particular time, but there is a glimmer on my Boinger Bash horizon, as I may now be able to get there for the Saturday afternoon through to Sunday early doors (say 10am Sunday to see me back in Chelmsford for a family Sunday Roast at 2pm) ... If I can, would that be ok please Mick et al, and could I pay on the day?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.