Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,276 to 1,284 of 1284

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent. Sounds like you're pretty sorted there, matey.

So, just remind me.......you have a bit of space there for a home range? And lots of your own safe storage for the boingers? And the option of a permission or two?

Decent local pub matey?

Made up for you, Pauly.
    I’m renting a 2 bed Apartment for a year or so to settle into Retirement before I go rushing in to buy somewhere permanent Tone, it will probably be around this vicinity I think. There is a small garden here mate but no good for plinking. I do have plenty of indoor and outdoor storage space though for my gun stuff and a little motorbike. I have three permissions within a few miles of me...... a farm and stables which to be honest isn’t that fruitful but there are woodies and corvids about, then there’s a friend of mine I’ve known for years who lives nearby who has a fair bit of land with plenty of rabbits and squirrels . I also have a place where I have permission which is fairly wooded which I’ve yet to explore a little more in the near future So, all in all, I ain’t doin’ too bad.

There are three pubs within a 5 minute walk
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Glad to hear you are fine Paul. Give me a shout when you are coming this way mate, would be good to see you and have a chat. Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Glad to hear you are fine Paul. Give me a shout when you are coming this way mate, would be good to see you and have a chat. Ade
    As it happens Ade, I’m going to London on Thursday and staying over for the night so I’ll pop into the Range on Friday. Hope you can make that mate ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    A big thanks to Mick and Shirl for all the work making these great events possible.
    As usual, we've had a great time and I really enjoyed Graeme's strumming on his guitar.
    Thanks for your acknowledgement Gary... and to Unframed Dave to his vocal contribution on 'Nancy Spain' Much appreciated.
    Just getting the opportunity to catch up on the BashThread now that I'm back at the ranch ( no network signal at the Hollow.
    Left yesterday (Monday) at 3 o'clock thinking I'd get home about 8pm and due to a 2 lorry collision and later another one breaking downing the M6 near Knutsford, it took about 2 hours to travel between Stoke and Manchester.. Real bummer! Highlight of the journey was arriving at the Esk Cafe chippy on Longtown between Carlisle and Gretna and getting the best Cod and Chips in the business and then 'Flaked out' for about an 90 minutes after that ( see what I did there!) as the tedium of the previous nose to tail crawling had taken it's toll on me.
    Arrived home at midnight ..nine bloody hours for a journey that can be done in around 5 hours comfortably, normally!��

Many thanks to MikeHW45 for picking up my new tent and the HW97 lefty en route to the Bash.
    I did likewise for ThisisDonald by transporting the steel Blueing box that he sold to Nige 346 who came up from Kent and thoroughly enjoyed his first visit to the Bash. With that an other examples of stuff getting transferred around, the BBS Courier Service certainly does the job thanks to a great bunch of folks

Thanks also to Tony L for assisting in the process of zeroing in the old Diana 50 which had a number of scope mount issues.
    On the subject of thanks it goes without saying how much we are all indebted to our hosts 'M and S' for their immense efforts to ensure the whole event runs so smoothly and is so enjoyable.
    See you next year AGW !
    Cheers Graeme

Ps I almost forgot to publicly thank Baldinio for providing Sunday morning 'room-service' with a couple of brilliant fried egg rolls ..there'll be a recommendation going on Trip Advisor for that!
    .Muchos Grassyass Chris!��
    Last edited by T 20; 11-09-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Quote sorted

Great to see you and to spend a little playtime on the Sunday afternoon, Graeme.

Glad to hear you're safely home yet sorry to hear of that bummer of a lengthy, gnarly trip.

Already looking forward to seeing you in '19.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’m renting a 2 bed Apartment for a year or so to settle into Retirement before I go rushing in to buy somewhere permanent Tone, it will probably be around this vicinity I think. There is a small garden here mate but no good for plinking. I do have plenty of indoor and outdoor storage space though for my gun stuff and a little motorbike. I have three permissions within a few miles of me...... a farm and stables which to be honest isn’t that fruitful but there are woodies and corvids about, then there’s a friend of mine I’ve known for years who lives nearby who has a fair bit of land with plenty of rabbits and squirrels . I also have a place where I have permission which is fairly wooded which I’ve yet to explore a little more in the near future So, all in all, I ain’t doin’ too bad.

There are three pubs within a 5 minute walk
    Sounds fantastic, Pauly. Three permissions? I bet they turn out to be great. And even IF they're not crammed with quarry, just being able to "get out there" taking in the fresh air and being in touch with nature is glorious.

Three very local pubs? Awesome! And I presume that with your friendly, effervescent personality you've already made a few new acquaintances? Many fit ladies, matey?

With you having your very own space now, could you possibly also muster up a little 6 yards indoor range?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool And The Sleepometer Says.

Just 45 to go now.

The dust has hardly settled on this last fun-filled Boingfest and yet the next one will be on top of us in swift fashion!

BOING BOING BOING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Great to see you again, Mike, and so nice to hear of your continued enthusiasm with our lovely BOINGY toys.

That LGV really did shoot very, very nicely and thank you so much for letting me have a couple of sessions with it. As you say, Jim certainly knows his stuff.

And, peeps, totally out of the blue I coined a new (to me) phrase after shooting Mike's LGV the second time, stating that it had a "very polite firing cycle". Think I might continue to use that phrase and it seemed so fitting.
    It might end up even more polite if I ever steel myself to open up the transfer port - I am beginning to formulate a battle plan for doing it without snapping the drill.

Mmm.....well, I might just start to get a little more adventurous myself one day......then again, maybe not! I hear that my "play house / workshop" space may be available in the not too distant future.

If that rifle of yours gets any more polite, it'll be bloody obscene!!

I wonder what that one of Jim's feels like?....