Thread: BSA Goldstar magazine compatibility??

BSA Goldstar magazine compatibility??

I've recently acquired a .177 BSA Goldstar (after literally years of searching for one!)

Although it's in pretty much box fresh condition and has a perfectly good magazine, I do intend on using the rifle so would like to get a spare magazine or two, and to preserve the original one.

I've read quite a few things saying certain ones will work, others won't, some of them will work if you remove the indexing pin from the under lever, some will work if you drill a hole in the magazine, etc.etc.

If it's possible I'd like a definitive answer if I can buy a new .177 magazine that will fit straight into the gun and work?? If someone could post a link that'd be brilliant

Cheers
    Greg

None of the new mags are a drop in replacement sadly, you will have to modify a mag to use in the gun, don't mod the gun! I can send you pics of how to mod a new BSA mag such as this one:
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...-New-Magazine/
    Although the index system can be removed from the gun to work with one of these new type mags, it means the old (original) mag you own will no longer work in the gun. Modding the new mags isn't difficult, it preserves the gun in original state and also you can swap between new and original mags as and when you decide rather than having to rebuild the index system every time you wish to use an old mag.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    None of the new mags are a drop in replacement sadly, you will have to modify a mag to use in the gun, don't mod the gun! I can send you pics of how to mod a new BSA mag such as this one:
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...-New-Magazine/
    Although the index system can be removed from the gun to work with one of these new type mags, it means the old (original) mag you own will no longer work in the gun. Modding the new mags isn't difficult, it preserves the gun in original state and also you can swap between new and original mags as and when you decide rather than having to rebuild the index system every time you wish to use an old mag.
    Thanks very much for the reply. That sounds ideal, some pics would be great. I've got no issues with modifying a mag, like you say there's no chance I'd start altering the gun!

Cheers
    Greg