Thread: Crossman 2300S Red Dot Base

Crossman 2300S Red Dot Base

Hello All,

My first post here. I am a retired old guy from South Carolina, US and I just today received my first air pistol since my youth. It is a Crossman 2300S which I plan to use for practice at home for Bullseye shooting with rimfire and centerfire at my range.

Despite reviews that mentioned some imperfections, I am quite pleased with the pistol. It has fine iron sights but my vision is not so fine, so I plan to mount a red dot optic. The pistol has a 3/8" dovetail and I purchased a DTP Dovetail To Picatinny Rail Adoptor but, alas, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach it to the pistol.

It occurs to me that someone on this forum may have encountered, and conquered, the same issue. If so, I would be most grateful for a recommendation of a brand and model of mount I could use (though I suspect other dovetails may not be 3/8).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spinsail View Post
    Hello All,

My first post here. I am a retired old guy from South Carolina, US and I just today received my first air pistol since my youth. It is a Crossman 2300S which I plan to use for practice at home for Bullseye shooting with rimfire and centerfire at my range.

Despite reviews that mentioned some imperfections, I am quite pleased with the pistol. It has fine iron sights but my vision is not so fine, so I plan to mount a red dot optic. The pistol has a 3/8" dovetail and I purchased a DTP Dovetail To Picatinny Rail Adoptor but, alas, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach it to the pistol.

It occurs to me that someone on this forum may have encountered, and conquered, the same issue. If so, I would be most grateful for a recommendation of a brand and model of mount I could use (though I suspect other dovetails may not be 3/8).

Thanks.
    I would have fitted a normal 11mm red dot sight straight on the pistol, would look neater than the wide picatinny.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thank you Baz. I wanted to keep the red dot in its current rings to facilitate using it on another handgun but your way is a more elegant solution.