Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tatty hw95

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Every time I buy something a bit tatty, the spotable tattiness is almost always associated with other, hidden tattiness. So if the stock is bleached, that to me means that there may be other unusual mods inside, like an enlarged transfer port or non-standard screws in the stock, or often in the case of the abused 95, missing end block tiles. Those little critters can be expensive. Proceed with caution and offer at the low end of reasonable.

I have a second-hand HW95 stock somewhere if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Every time I buy something a bit tatty, the spotable tattiness is almost always associated with other, hidden tattiness. So if the stock is bleached, that to me means that there may be other unusual mods inside, like an enlarged transfer port or non-standard screws in the stock, or often in the case of the abused 95, missing end block tiles. Those little critters can be expensive. Proceed with caution and offer at the low end of reasonable.

I have a second-hand HW95 stock somewhere if you are interested.

Thank you for the kind offer of the stock I am interested in it but will have a proper look at the 95 on 7/7 as I am shooting at the range with my mate who owns it.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Regarding reblueing have a word with RichardH on here. He did two for me a couple of years ago and I can't believe how good they look still!

The stock you can do yourself (and surprise yourself I dare say) If it shoots well now service and tune it with a TBT kit and away you go!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Well I picked up the 95 today and it is in better condition than described to me it’s just that bleached stock looked awful. But not gonna grumble at £50

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    Well I picked up the 95 today and it is in better condition than described to me it’s just that bleached stock looked awful. But not gonna grumble at £50
    Now that's a result!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Now that's a result!
    Tell me about it lol. The action and barrel have slight pitting but is definitely at a point where a good bit of tlc and reblue can sort. The stock tho it isn’t cracked is a dog but only as the edges of the checkering have been sanded down and it’s taken the shape of it away but it came with sling, gun slip and scope 😃. And it shoots ok just twangs a lot. So I will be after one of your full kits with nose extension. So my lil project has now begun.

Any advice on these springers would be really appreciated or info on mods that anyone has done to improve there 95

Again big thanks for all replies

Dave

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Check the rifle for fundemental accuracy before spending money!

But then.....

Put the stock on eblag, you'll be suprised how much a crap stock can go for! Look out for a secondhand CS on here, net cost will be about £100-120. A reblue is £100 and £50-ish for a fiddle inside. That's £300-320 for a custom stocked rifle with a deep pefect finish for the price of a standard new gun.
    Last edited by tinbum; 08-07-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I bought a 95k brand new,it was ok i guess,built like a tank but i just wasnt fussed so sold it.hw80 is better,even better still tx200.

Before a reblue, try a polish with 000 grade wire wool and oil. You might be pleasantly surprised. The 95 is pretty straightforward to strip down, the four tiles by the trigger block might need a ground off Allen key to push them out and on the rebuild, fit the barrel before the spring and end block. TBT will smooth out the cycle with guides and a short stroke, just finish the spring ends.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Check the rifle for fundemental accuracy before spending money!

But then.....

Put the stock on eblag, you'll be suprised how much a crap stock can go for! Look out for a secondhand CS on here, net cost will be about £100-120. A reblue is £100 and £50-ish for a fiddle inside. That's £300-320 for a custom stocked rifle with a deep pefect finish for the price of a standard new gun.

Accuaracy wise it seems fine, I was using it up the range yesterday lunchtime with my mate who sold it and found I could hit targets out to 35yrds if I payed attention and did my bit. But again I say it’s that twang that did my ears in. So the plan is to take it apart and degrease it all, polish the piston and debure and smooth any sharp edges. Fit the tbt kit and see how it shoots. When I’m happy then it will be sent to be reblued and finally the stock. I’m just gutted that I can’t save the stock but oh well can’t win them all.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Before a reblue, try a polish with 000 grade wire wool and oil. You might be pleasantly surprised. The 95 is pretty straightforward to strip down, the four tiles by the trigger block might need a ground off Allen key to push them out and on the rebuild, fit the barrel before the spring and end block. TBT will smooth out the cycle with guides and a short stroke, just finish the spring ends.
    I will give that a try with the oil and wire wool but since airtech re blued the barrel on my r10 when it was tuned I am kinda hooked on that deep dark blueing not like you get from factory. It also sounds like it will strip down exactly the same way as the 99s so that isn’t an issue as I have already had that apart.

I wouldn't buy a rough 95 unless it was peanuts. Why restore one when the small ads are full of tidy rifles that would work out less.
    A rarer rifle would be worth the effort but not a 95.

Buy it cheap and spend as little as poss on it or it will just be a money pit
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I wouldn't buy a rough 95 unless it was peanuts. Why restore one when the small ads are full of tidy rifles that would work out less.
    A rarer rifle would be worth the effort but not a 95.

Buy it cheap and spend as little as poss on it or it will just be a money pit
    It was peanuts I’m glad to say and at £50 it didn’t break the bank and it will help me build some knowledge and experience in tinkering with it and bringing it back to what it should be, I’m looking forward to challenge.

I wish I had friends with HW95s to sell me for £50.

A great little project that will be fun, a great way to learn about fiddling with springers and at that price you would have to go crazy on the spend to loose anything if you decide to sell.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    It was peanuts I’m glad to say and at £50 it didn’t break the bank and it will help me build some knowledge and experience in tinkering with it and bringing it back to what it should be, I’m looking forward to challenge.
    Yep cheap enough at 50 notes
    B.A.S.C. member