Thread: Looking for an air pistol club anywhere between Tidworth and Southampton

Looking for an air pistol club anywhere between Tidworth and Southampton

Hi All,

Job relocation is going to force a change of club at some point in the next 2-3 months, I have tried the NSRA club finder, and Google, but now looking to you good folks for recommendations

I live in Southampton, job is moving to Bulford/Tidworth, and would like to find a club somewhere on route between the two with an active 10m pistol section - I am doing the commute by pushbike, so don't want to deviate too far from the 'as the crow flies' cycling route (Southampton/Chilworth/Romsey/Timsbury/Mottisfont/The Wallops/Cholderton/Tidworth)

Any suggestions? I've ruled out Salisbury Rifle and Pistol Club @ Potterne just on distance, somewhere near Winchester would be ideal

Thanks in advance

hello, are you saying you will be cycling to work every day from southampton to tidworth??

Southampton Rifle Club/Highfield RPC have a 10m range in the Bunker on Bassett Green Road (in addition to their 20yd .22 range). Don't know what the rifle/pistol split is.

I assume you've e-mailed the NSRA and asked them for a list of all the affiliated clubs that do AP in Hampshire/Wiltshire?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, are you saying you will be cycling to work every day from southampton to tidworth??
    Yep

About 29 miles each way, did a recce of the route in blistering heat last Saturday carrying enough gear for a cheeky overnight camp in just over 2 hours, first time I've ridden bike for over 7 months, bike is still set up for off road touring - this weekends task is to change tyres/gearing/luggage and bars to suit road commuting, which should shave a chunk off that time (and still better than sitting in car/van for +/-1.25 hours to make the same journey)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    Southampton Rifle Club/Highfield RPC have a 10m range in the Bunker on Bassett Green Road (in addition to their 20yd .22 range). Don't know what the rifle/pistol split is.

I assume you've e-mailed the NSRA and asked them for a list of all the affiliated clubs that do AP in Hampshire/Wiltshire?
    Thank you for this - have now found the Southampton RPC website and emailed them