Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: June boinger bash father in law update

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hello mate.
    Day by day to be honest. Sarah’s not too good so I’m trying to juggle all the bits and pieces whilst keeping busy so as to occupy my own head.
    John remains in a vegetative state and hasn’t improved. Surgeons found another aneurysm on his brain which is causing pressure/fluid increase and also obviously poses the threat of bursting. With this addressed he’ll not only be out of the danger area of another brain bleed but should, theoretically, recover to a higher degree. Then if he has the capacity and desire, can inform the powers that be that he wants their care withdrawn.
    He’s been booked in this morning for what we’ve been told is a very serious operation and should there be any problem, they won’t resuscitate. So we’re going to be a bit anxious over the next few hours and will be waiting for a call.
    I’ll update you later on, mate.
    Very best, Craig and family.
    ❤.....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

How are you doing, Craig? xxxxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hello Tone,
    Still hour by hour to be honest, mate. John has recovered a degree of consciousness but nothing approaching ‘awake’, his eyes are focussing and he’s responding to different sights for a few minutes, and that’s the extent of it. We’re just dreading him realising the extent of his injuries - so every phone call makes our hearts skip beats.
    We keep having to attend meetings concerning his future care so we’re unable to have anything like a lifestyle - but we’re glad of kind messages and nearby mates who we can grab an hours’ company with for a change of scenery.
    We can’t make plans for his future care before surgeons can ascertain his level of recovery. We/Sarah can’t ask for power of attorney to handle his affairs until his level of recovery is ascertained. We can’t really do much except wait and it can be agonising at times.
    But he’s in the best place with wonderful people looking after him and that’s all we keep telling ourselves. I know you’ve sadly had the same experience so know all too well of the limbo state and how simple acts of kindness and thoughtfulness ( such as this ), make all the difference.
    So thanks again all x
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Stuck for words as ever, Craig.

But please continue to take strength from all of us here and the good people of the forum and your friends.

Love to all xxxxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Stuck for words as ever, Craig.

But please continue to take strength from all of us here and the good people of the forum and your friends.

Love to all xxxxxx
    Will do, mate. Thanks again x

Hello all.
    I thought I’d revive this thread to update everyone.
    My father in law, John, passed away yesterday evening.
    His passing was very quick (less than twelve hours suffering the pneumonia he succumbed to), allowing him to finally slip away from the awful position he’d been placed in.
    I’ve just read this entire thread again and those awful events from the past two and a half years still don’t sink in.
    During his time spent in care he beat pneumonia (five times), Covid, numerous infections, bedsores and god knows how many other illnesses that caused us to drop everything and run to his bedside. He was a tough old boy.
    Sarah and I want to thank everyone from our hearts for the ongoing care and support you lads have shown us, it’s helped more than you probably realise.
    As before, if you’re waiting on any work from me, I’ll be back to you in a few days. I’ve lost my dog and my father in law in little more than a month so we’re a bit at sorts at the moment - but we’ll get there, we always do.
    Thanks again all, Craig and Sarah x

Craig,
    Can I offer my sincerest condolences to you all. It's never easy losing a close relative, but I imagine the last couple of years wouldn't have been how your Father in law would have wanted to spend his days.

Regards - Mark

Condolences

Hi Craig

I’m sorry to hear that John’s finally passed away after such a protracted battle and so soon after you losing Bronson.

I know it’s no condolence to you, Sarah and the family, but hopefully he’s in a better place now and at peace.

Please do let me know if you need anything, as I’m here for you bud.

Kindest Regards

David

Sincerest condolences to you and the family Craig and I know it's been such an awful time for you all.

RIP John and Mr Bronson.

Anything you need, Craig, you know where I am.

Love from all here xxx

Sorry to read such a sad tale.
    Condolences to you and your family.
    Kids a extra tight hug tonight.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Codolences to you and the family Craig, but as UKdari1 has said, he will be at peace now, and from what you have said its probably best.

Regards

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sincerest condolences to you and the family Craig and I know it's been such an awful time for you all.

RIP John and Mr Bronson.

Anything you need, Craig, you know where I am.

Love from all here xxx
    I can only echo the above from Tony.
    My condolences to you and your family at this very sad time.
    Best wishes mate.
    Hope to see you in the future some time.
    Atb
    Les..

Deepest sympathy Craig it’s almost like losing him twice I suppose , condolences to you and yours.

Gav

Truly sorry to hear this mate, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Such sad new, my sincerest condolences mate.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25