Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June boinger bash father in law update

June boinger bash father in law update

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, Mick/Mods. I just wanted all who’ve messaged me to see this explanation as there are some very caring lads on here who’ve messaged me pretty much daily for news, so I wanted to update all at once as I’ve been off my feet for a fortnight and havent had opportunity to properly reply to many.
    I also need to write this out, pretty much to get it straight in my own head.
    My father in law, John, had an accident at work on Thursday 14th June. He was air ambulanced to the QE, Birmingham, where he was certified as having huge brain/head/facial injuries, massive brain bleed, fractured skull, a spinal injury and a broken neck in two places. He was placed in an induced coma and kept on the critical unit under the eye of the most respected brain professor in the U.K.
    During the past two weeks, we’ve been to and from the QE each day, holding onto hope that he’ll show any sign of pulling through.
    We were told last week that sedation was being withdrawn, and he’d resuscitate in 48+ hours. Multiple MRI scans have since shown little to no brain activity, and after waiting more than double the time that it usually takes the brain/body to revive itself, there was still no sign of life. We were told to prepare ourselves for the worst.
    We accepted this devastation and visited his house, cleared up accounts, bills, certificates etc and partially accepted what was going to happen.
    Another MRI was ordered, pretty much to assess/confirm the surgeons/professors diagnosis was correct, and that this was a ‘hopeless case’. This MRI showed limited brain activity. So another MRI was called to assess whether those signals going from the brain were travelling back down the spinal cord.
    We were told not to get our hopes up, but seeing that John’s heart was strong and there was indeed, limited brain activity, that we should prepare ourselves for perhaps a marathon and not a sprint.
    This MRI was booked for this morning.
    We visited him this morning, his eyes were fully open, tracking movement and differentiating from one person to another when he heard sound/talking (we’ve been talking more to him from day one). A godsend. We were absolutely over the moon, relived, thankful, delirious etc etc for just this small sign of improvement being evident.
    Then the MRI results came back to show John would be paralysed from the neck down, forever.
    Never have I gone from such a high to such a low in such a short space of time. My Mrs is totally shellshocked and I’m just numb.
    This man is a master builder, ex-boxer, hyperactive, hugely generous, caring, doting, humorous type, who was also my shotgunning partner and the nearest figure I’ve ever had to a father. We all know for a fact he won’t want to live this way.
    We’re now being told he’ll be taken off the breathing apparatus/life support and a tracheotomy fitted, to ease his level of comfort, and allow him to speak (perhaps, if he has the mental capacity, in due course).
    If he does speak, and asks to be taken off life support (as we know he would want), then the powers that be will allow their care to be withdrawn. Problem there being, he’s getting stronger (metaphorically speaking) each day and will soon be non reliant on life support. When he’s no longer reliant, he’ll obviously no longer have the option to be removed from life support.
    Even though as family, we’ve had to carefully document his wishes to resuscitate or not due to condition, from day one, we now have to wait until a tracheotomy is fitted, just so he can inform the powers that be in his own words, of his wishes.
    If they ‘declare/see’ he’s making ‘progress’, then his wishes, along with ours, will be overturned.

So that, in a nutshell, is the story I’ve been trying to tell for a fortnight.

I’ve read that thorough a dozen times before posting and it doesn’t sink in but I hope it explains to both Sarah’s mates and my own on here just what we’re caring for at the moment.

I’ll be back ASAP to update but thank you all so much for your messages of support, they’ve gone to do more than you’ll realise and are deeply appreciated.
    Love your loved ones - Craig and Sarah x
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Holy shit! Tough times ahead mate. Stick with it, that's all you can do.XX
    God rest ye jelly mental men

so sorry to read the above Craig. as above,it will be a tough time for you all.

You know there is many people on here who will be here for you if you need to get things off your chest .

When I lost my partner in the car crash ,I felt I could open up online easier than I could to my friends and family.

Take care and look after your self as well as your loved ones

Paul

That’s exactly what I told Sarah tonight, Paul. I needed to write this out not just to inform you guys but just to understand it myself and to also explain to the other lads why I attended the bash this year for ten minutes.
    I’m very aware of loss since a young age and your awful experience is similar to another one mine a few years back. I’m so sorry for your awful experience and I hope time is a healer for you.

Best, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Speechless, devastating news mate x
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

News

All our thoughts are with you during this very difficult time. Thinking of you both. Mach 1.5

Very sorry to read your sad news this morning Craig. Our thoughts are with you and your families at this incredibly difficult time

All our thoughts and love at this terrible time, Craig.

Keep strong. xxxxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

That's very sad news mate.
    My best wishes for you and your family Craig .
    Kind regards
    Les X

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Can't put into words what I want to say, so tragic, thinking of you and the family.

Mel

So sorry to read of these developments Craig. Since the briefest of conversations at the bash, I hoped that "no news is good news" regarding your father in law's recovery. Thoughts with you and your family.

Mark

There are no words of comfort that will make things feel any better. Close to tears reading it, terrible situation

Reading this, I am lost for words, my thoughts are with you and your family Craig
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Never met you Craig- but you, your wife and your father in law have our very best wishes.
    Tony
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hi Craig

I can’t add anything that I haven’t already said to you directly.

But what I can tell you mate, is when you and Sarah do need help and support, I will be there at the front of the queue. It’s gurranteed.

Take care both.

David