Thread: Diana Mod . 27

Diana Mod . 27

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any information about this relic, I am thinking about restoring it for a friend and was hoping someone might have some useful information.

The gun seems to not have a fore grip style stock, instead the stock screws in behind the trigger guard more like a shotgun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pre-war 27

The model 27 nameplate was used for over 80 years, and was applied to 3 different “families” of designs, though all were similar in size and power. “Diana” is of course the trade name of the Mayer & Grammelspacher factory in Rastatt, Germany, one of the world’s largest and oldest makers of spring-piston airguns.

Your description matches the first-generation guns made from Great War days up until the early 1930’s, a very nice and well-made collectible. It’s a simple design with leather piston and breech seals, basic open sights, and a single-stage trigger with an adjustment for sear engagement (if the gun is complete, there will be a rather homely double-headed bolt sticking out the front of the trigger guard, this is the trigger adjuster).

I don’t live in the UK so can’t speak for local parts availability, but obviously components for such an oldster will not be common. That being said, the main perishable bits (piston seal, breech seal, mainspring) can be made or adapted easily enough.

A very simple gun to work on and well worth restoring.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgunJack99 View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any information about this relic, I am thinking about restoring it for a friend and was hoping someone might have some useful information.

The gun seems to not have a fore grip style stock, instead the stock screws in behind the trigger guard more like a shotgun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What has been said above on the history ect. you can get spares for the 27 on that site E*** from time to time. good luck with restoring it.

Lovely rifles to shoot.
    The date (month,year) should be on the underside of the breech. You have to cock it to see it as it’s obscured by the cocking arm.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ptdunk; 12-07-2018 at 08:24 AM.