Thread: Just back from a Airgun Show - Hammerli Single

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just back from a Airgun Show - Hammerli Single

My first CO2 gun and my first Swiss gun. Checked two boxes Really excellent condition.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Those are excellent little pistols, super accurate and nice to shoot and also good for people with small hands. Match trigger and a very low barrel line. The only airgun with a pop-up loading shuttle that I approve of. The 'O' rings inside can fail after a while, but they are relatively easy to replace so I believe. They take the old type Sparklet 8 gram CO2 capsules, so stock up on those....

They only stopped making them because the factory done burned down. The best barrel you will have in your collection.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 30-06-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Great find - have to marvel that despite it's age it's in great condition and still with it's original box, manual and test group. You should find that inside the gas chamber is a lightly wound spring that puts a small amount of pressure on the CO2 bulb to pop it back out a bit in order to stop the neck sticking in the valve. As has been said the short or 'kurz' model (4" barrel) only uses 8grm 'sparklet' bulbs like the earlier Hammerli 'Sparkler'

Loved the build quality, quirky but precision mechanism? I’ve seen these before but this is the first one I could hold and feel the quality. Would be a interesting collecting area, they made some interest variations. Some I’m sure are very hard to find.

Off to find some “sparkets”! See them on line, may be a beer shop locally that has a box? Plus is I can get a beer while getting shooting supplies!

Shot it today, crazy accurate. I thought it was misfiring at times cause the sound changed. It changed because it went through the same hole and didn’t smack the paper. Lol

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Lawrie Armatruda on here has a tidy collection of these, there was also a match rifle based on the same design.