Thread: Just back from a Airgun Show - Hammerli Single

Just back from a Airgun Show - Hammerli Single

My first CO2 gun and my first Swiss gun. Checked two boxes Really excellent condition.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Those are excellent little pistols, super accurate and nice to shoot and also good for people with small hands. Match trigger and a very low barrel line. The only airgun with a pop-up loading shuttle that I approve of. The 'O' rings inside can fail after a while, but they are relatively easy to replace so I believe. They take the old type Sparklet 8 gram CO2 capsules, so stock up on those....

They only stopped making them because the factory done burned down. The best barrel you will have in your collection.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 30-06-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Great find - have to marvel that despite it's age it's in great condition and still with it's original box, manual and test group. You should find that inside the gas chamber is a lightly wound spring that puts a small amount of pressure on the CO2 bulb to pop it back out a bit in order to stop the neck sticking in the valve. As has been said the short or 'kurz' model (4" barrel) only uses 8grm 'sparklet' bulbs like the earlier Hammerli 'Sparkler'

Loved the build quality, quirky but precision mechanism? I’ve seen these before but this is the first one I could hold and feel the quality. Would be a interesting collecting area, they made some interest variations. Some I’m sure are very hard to find.

Off to find some “sparkets”! See them on line, may be a beer shop locally that has a box? Plus is I can get a beer while getting shooting supplies!

Shot it today, crazy accurate. I thought it was misfiring at times cause the sound changed. It changed because it went through the same hole and didn’t smack the paper. Lol

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Lawrie Armatruda on here has a tidy collection of these, there was also a match rifle based on the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Lawrie Armatruda on here has a tidy collection of these, there was also a match rifle based on the same design.
    Indeed there was - late version here:https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9Ay4ud

I'm still after one he won't sell!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I'm still after one he won't sell!
    Love the double set trigger! I’ve only seen that in a old Walther.

Are the pre-fire Swiss factory made pistols superior? Or is it lure? Find little written about these gun compared to many other collectables. Certainly well made enough to attract attention, I certainly don’t see them that often over here.

Not a true double set trigger

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Love the double set trigger! I’ve only seen that in a old Walther.
    Steve,
    The Match does indeed have two triggers , one pops open the loading port while the other releases the sear.
    I have always thought that the stock on the Match was one of the most elegant of all stocks of that era.

Hämmerli rifle operation

Actually that forward trigger-looking lever on the Match and Junior rifles also cocks the action while releasing the loading port. This makes for a quite convenient operating cycle.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Are the pre-fire Swiss factory made pistols superior? Or is it lure? Find little written about these gun compared to many other collectables. Certainly well made enough to attract attention, I certainly don’t see them that often over here.
    I don't think they made any more CO2 pistols after the fire, although of course they did make lots of .22 rimfire and centrefire match pistols. They made springer rifles, but I think maybe these were made across the border in Germany.

I don't think they made any more CO2 pistols after the fire, although of course they did make lots of .22 rimfire and centrefire match pistols. They made springer rifles, but I think maybe these were made across the border in Germany.
    Your correct the production line was burnt down in 1977. The CO2 pistols came from both factories, Tiengen West Germany and Lenzburg Switzerland the quality is the same,namely excellent.
    There are 4 basic 'Single models 'kurz' straight grip. 'Lange' straight grip. 'Kurz' slant grip and 'Lange' slant grip. Then add in the fixed position rear sight models and those on a rail like the 'Master' add a sprinkling of late model adjustable sear and you have the basis of a collection just in the one model. Of course you can then add in barrel shrouds, wood grips and very nice leatherette cases

[IMG]MVC00004 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]MVC00003 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]