Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Classic Photos

Kempton Classic Photos

Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQCU7YBC1FDYqTRY7

John and Jo

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Some damn fine looking attendees there.

Seconded big thanks to Peter and Liz.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Argh, how did I miss that M1?

Thnx a bunch for that John! Møre are welcome!

Just got back yesterday from a major Airgun Show in the States, if I would have seen a table like you show in the pics I would have fallen over!

Here is a typical table in US. Daisy’s!! Life is often just not fair?

Anyone see what the crosman plink o matic was going for?

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Anyone see what the crosman plink o matic was going for?
    £360 IIRC. I was tempted but starting to run out of money after all my other spends

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Argh, how did I miss that M1?
    I promised myself that M1 if no-one bought it as it was an early one with a wooden stock but thankfully another BBS member bought it and saved more expense on my part.

John

[QUOTE=45flint;7522656]Just got back yesterday from a major Airgun Show in the States, if I would have seen a table like you show in the pics I would have fallen over!

Here is a typical table in US. Daisy’s!! Life is often just not fair?

/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that - I did stumble into a dealer on the really long stall I photographed and sent £1000 in cash flying all over the place It was one of those moments when you wish the ground would open and swallow you up. Still, at least no guns were hurt - now that would have been unforgivable.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I promised myself that M1 if no-one bought it as it was an early one with a wooden stock but thankfully another BBS member bought it and saved more expense on my part.

John
    You are not helping

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics John. The fair looks as good as ever. Wish I could have been there, maybe next time.

Cheers,
    John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQCU7YBC1FDYqTRY7

John and Jo
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.

Oh dear, just flogged a mint one of those M1 Crossmans for £80 to someone at the club on behalf of a friend!
    Amazing what scrap metal goes for nowadays LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John

John
    I didn’t need it but couldn’t resist it...... 🤔