Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Classic Photos

Just to add it was another cracking event!!!! It’s that good i don’t bother going to other fairs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Some damn fine looking attendees there.

Seconded big thanks to Peter and Liz.

Dave
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper Who is that man to Jon's right? Looks like Magnum PI sans "tache"
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I didn’t need it but couldn’t resist it...... 🤔
    I missed the M1 by a wee!
    On the way back you were buying it.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper Who is that man to Jon's right? Looks like Magnum PI sans "tache"
    No idea, but rumour has it he can't grow a tache.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Kempton

Well done Mr and Mrs Binners, thank you or another great event, please keep'em coming.
    Rgds kev

Smile foto no 13. collector holding rifle. what make model is it ? is it a bbs member with

hi all, foto no 13, collector holding rifle, what year and model, make is it ? is a bbs member
    holding rifle ? just curious, thankyou.. J.S.D.

Quote Originally Posted by JSD View Post
    hi all, foto no 13, collector holding rifle, what year and model, make is it ? is a bbs member
    holding rifle ? just curious, thankyou.. J.S.D.

Hi Jimmy

Photo 13 is of one of the oldest(in collecting years) chaps at the show and no, he is not a member on here. The rifle was mentioned on this thread and quoted below

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500.

Thumbs up classic foto`s

hi peter, many thanx for that info, it`s a nice looking rifle.. kind rgds.. Jimmy..

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John
    Hi John, many thanks for the info on Mikes rifle. l thought it was tinplate, he always comes up with something unusual. l am hoping l can get a table at the next fair as l have a few guns which l want to move on. good luck with selling yours.
    Mick.

Great support again

Once again I find myself thanking all of those who made the journey to Kempton, collectors in general and traders like Keith and Tim in particular.

Photos like number 25 in John's link, just about sum it up. An endless line of rifles standing like soldiers and they were not even half of the stock on that one stall, amazing!

Thank you Mr and Mrs Binners. Another wonderful show and another gun added to the collection. Shame I didnt have more money, as there were lovely things where ever you looked. Until the next one .......

Lakey

A big thanks to Pete and Liz for organising the event. We had a really good day and it was great to see so many attendees. This is definitely the best organised show we go to it makes things much easier when setting up. We're looking forward to the next one. Well done Pete and Liz.

As a collector with just one table I echo the above.

Pete and Liz are gems and all their staff are friendly and helpful.

Surrey Police are also to be commended for doing their job in a pleasant understated way.

10/10 from me especially for a clear M3 both ways!

People coming home from Bournemouth pm not so lucky but traffic was moving.
    Last edited by gingernut; 02-07-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQCU7YBC1FDYqTRY7

John and Jo
    Hello John,

Thanks for once again posting the Kempton pictures which provide a good impression of what a great event this really is, although it maybe a bit frustrating for those who were unable to attend.

Also a big thank you to Binners and his team for organising yet another great show which always seems to be well attended without being overcrowded.

Regards
    Brian

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper
    Food and sunshine, and they grow like bugger...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.