Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kempton Classic Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=45flint;7522656]Just got back yesterday from a major Airgun Show in the States, if I would have seen a table like you show in the pics I would have fallen over!

Here is a typical table in US. Daisy’s!! Life is often just not fair?

/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that - I did stumble into a dealer on the really long stall I photographed and sent £1000 in cash flying all over the place It was one of those moments when you wish the ground would open and swallow you up. Still, at least no guns were hurt - now that would have been unforgivable.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Some damn fine looking attendees there.

Seconded big thanks to Peter and Liz.

Dave
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper Who is that man to Jon's right? Looks like Magnum PI sans "tache"
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper Who is that man to Jon's right? Looks like Magnum PI sans "tache"
    No idea, but rumour has it he can't grow a tache.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Sheesh-last time I saw Buddyboy's son he was knee high to a grasshopper
    Food and sunshine, and they grow like bugger...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Another great event, many thanks for Binners and crew, and to John M for his counsel on my little purchase
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Another great show, Really enjoyed the day, Well done to Pete and all involved, reckon I've got one more clear out in me, even the missus likes the show cos she's getting some space in the house back A purchase of a Haenel 28 project adds to my German pistol collection and will keep me busy for a few evenings in the shed,
    Last edited by nige346; 02-07-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQCU7YBC1FDYqTRY7

John and Jo
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.

Oh dear, just flogged a mint one of those M1 Crossmans for £80 to someone at the club on behalf of a friend!
    Amazing what scrap metal goes for nowadays LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John
    Hi John, many thanks for the info on Mikes rifle. l thought it was tinplate, he always comes up with something unusual. l am hoping l can get a table at the next fair as l have a few guns which l want to move on. good luck with selling yours.
    Mick.

Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

John and Jo
    Hello John,

Thanks for once again posting the Kempton pictures which provide a good impression of what a great event this really is, although it maybe a bit frustrating for those who were unable to attend.

Also a big thank you to Binners and his team for organising yet another great show which always seems to be well attended without being overcrowded.

Regards
    Brian

John and Jo

A while back, but the photos are still worth a ponder from time to time