Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 - Round 5 Results

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 - Round 5 Results

Hi All

Three rounds of SIHFT on the trot, I believe, where we’ve had only 2 stoppages. Must be a record and something Emley Moor (UKAHFT Nationals round last weekend) could only dream of – ask anyone who was there. Let’s hope we can keep it going.

Today, however, there was a great deal of muttering; an awful lot of that doubting the parentage of the course setters. While there wasn’t much wind to contend with – though a few got caught out by it, including Vince finding enough to deliver him a doughnut on one of the Buxted Fingers – there were range traps aplenty, through some of the narrowest lanes I’ve ever seen. And an opportunity or two to find the ‘wrong’ target – ask Charles about his first peg (#5). After knocking it down and grinning he found it refused to stand up again, however hard he pulled the string. Comments from an adjacent lane revealed the fact that he had chosen to have a go at a target much harder than the one he was supposed to have in his sights.

And of course, on top of all that it was super hot and pretty humid.

For those not present today, you may have missed the fact that SIHFT has introduced chrono testing. AFTER booking in, three peg numbers are chosen at random using the same ‘balls’ (mintoes with numbers written on them) we use at the end-of-year prize draw. Today, pegs 10, 18 & 20 appeared and, before those people went to their pegs to start, were checked. The same process will be used at all future rounds of the SIHFT.

Anyway, here is the full set of results …..

Name Club Class Gun score %age Badge T(eam place)
    Andy Simpson Buxted Open 58 100.0 Gold T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks O 57 98.3 G T
    Kevin Hills Buxted O 56 96.6 G T
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 54 93.1 G T
    Justin Rayner Buxted O 54 93.1 G T
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley O 53 91.4 Silver T
    Russ Connor Buxted O 53 91.4 S T
    Aaron Friend Oaks O 53 91.4 S T
    Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern O 53 91.4 S T
    Simon Williams Oaks O 53 91.4 S T
    Kevin Maw Buxted O 52 89.7 S T
    Jon Newton-May Buxted O 52 89.7 S
    Nick Byrne Oaks O 50 86.2 S T
    Vince Guy Swallows O 50 86.2 S T
    Lewis Hodges Oaks O 50 86.2 S T
    Charles Peal Oaks O 50 86.2 S
    Paul Bradford Buxted O 49 84.5 S
    Nigel Buchan Buxted O 49 84.5 S
    Abigail Maw Buxted Junior 49 84.5 G
    Mark Rackley Meon Valley O 49 84.5 S T
    Howard Kalisch Buxted O 48 82.8 Bronze
    Steb Martinez Ford O 48 82.8 B T
    Lol Moore Ford O 48 82.8 B T
    Mike Seagrave Meon Valley O 48 82.8 B T
    Simon Whittick Horsham O 48 82.8 B T
    Spencer Bailey Buxted O 47 81.0 B
    Kim Lum Swallows O 47 81.0 B T
    Trevor Palmer Buxted R 46 79.3 S
    Doug Falcon Buxted O 45 77.6 B
    Craig Hallas Meon Valley O 45 77.6 B T
    Gabriel Hobbs Iden Fern P 45 77.6 G T
    Darren Purnell Buxted O 45 77.6 B
    Dave Standing Swallows O 45 77.6 B T
    Kevin Wickson Buxted O 45 77.6 B
    Stewart Elstone Buxted O 44 75.9 B
    Daniel Hudson Meon Valley O 44 75.9 B T
    Mary Rackley Visitor L 44 75.9 S
    Justin Roberts Ford O 44 75.9 B T
    Phil Moody Horsham O 43 74.1 T
    Paul Charman Swallows O 42 72.4 T
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern O 42 72.4 T
    Anthony Smith Horsham O 42 72.4 T
    Gary Chillingworth Maldon R 41 70.7 B T
    Gary Channing Buxted O 41 70.7
    Harvey Friend Oaks J 41 70.7 B
    Barbara Pearce Iden Fern L 41 70.7 B T
    Carla Chambers Swallows L 40 69.0 B
    Jean Greatrex Maldon L 39 67.2 B T
    Ian King Buxted O 39 67.2
    Jon Kelly Buxted O 38 65.5
    Derek Watson Horsham R 38 65.5 B T
    Sarah Vickers Meon Valley L 36 62.1
    Mike Harding Horsham R 35 60.3 T
    Trevor Hudson Meon Valley O 33 56.9
    Richard Simpson Buxted O 32 55.2
    Ally Stewart Buxted L 29 50.0
    Barry Wade Buxted O 23 39.7
    Gary Morrison Buxted O DNF
    Paul Somerville Meon Valley O DNF

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you spot anything you think is amiss. BBS PM or email or facebook message all welcome.

Prize drawer winners today were :
    • Nigel Buchan – the £30 cash prize, and
    • Kev Catt – today’s Air Arms goody bag
    • Roy Pearce – cashing in his IOU from Round 4, another Air Arms goody bag

Team scores today and points are:

Club Round 5 Cumulative Points
    Buxted 273 58
    Oaks 263 57
    Meon Valley 239 48
    Swallows 238 36
    Ford 236 38
    Iden Fern 224 31
    Horsham 206 40
    Maldon 185 34

Ford, Iden Fern and MAD required lucky-dip cards, Iden needing 1, Ford 2 and MAD 3.

Various events happening in Sussex next weekend, including Open comps at Ford and Iden Fern and Swallows usual open session. The weekend’s BIGGIE is, of course, the Air Arms event in Holland and we wish all those entering safe journeys – there and back.

We’ll all meet again in two weeks (Sunday 15th July) at Mile Oak for SIHFT Round 6.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 02-07-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Correction to G Channing score
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I can't believe it has taken 5 rounds for Buckshed to get 1 measly point ahead...Really!

The Oaks... mighty as they are, have been thin on the ground, (i know i am one of the MIA's) Well done Oakies for never giving up, never have so few been (only just) beaten by So many!! ...or summit like that! (anyone check simpletons rifle...i mean..a 58.....) Haha! XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    I can't believe it has taken 5 rounds for Buckshed to get 1 measly point ahead...Really!

The Oaks... mighty as they are, have been thin on the ground, (i know i am one of the MIA's) Well done Oakies for never giving up, never have so few been (only just) beaten by So many!! ...or summit like that! (anyone check simpletons rifle...i mean..a 58.....) Haha! XX
    Now there was me hoping , wishing and praying you were dead. You know Chilly reminds me of a slimmer sexier you, you over weight Anchor.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Go team Buxted!

Top shooting Andy/Kev H

Oh and Graeme I suppose....
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT

Quote Originally Posted by EDBOC View Post
    Go team Buxted!

Top shooting Andy/Kev H

Oh and Graeme I suppose....
    Thanks !!!!!! Lol

Thank you Buxted. Very good course indeed.

Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Thank you Buxted, as ever a b*****d course

Can anyone beat getting a doughnut at 8 yards? Doh!

See you all soon!

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Doughnuting an 8 yarder has a certain sense of style to it, Steb - after all, there are not many people out there who can claim to have achieved that distinction....

A truly brilliant course - I never score well at Buxted, but I love the place and the quality courses that the guys there set out (was really happy to stay in the fifties - just!)

See you all in a fortnight

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Thank you Buxted, as ever a b*****d course

Can anyone beat getting a doughnut at 8 yards? Doh!

See you all soon!

Steb
    You weren't alone.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Beauty of a say, course & other talent. Course was of course horses for course but a good course all the same
    Well done my lad for not b******** me too much for not doing his new range card last week for the scope he was using this week, stopped him beating me though

Sounds like this shoot was a tough gig!!
    Air Arms HFT Team 2013/2014

love him or hate him

Love him or hate him simmo knows how to set a proper course , best course I've ever shot and a world class one at that ....
    Well done all the top shooters .

Hard lines Chilly (the man who makes Mr staypuff from ghostbusters look like Lena Zavaroni mid anorexia), i got a proper verbal bashing all day from him and my so called mate Mr Hills ..... but and its a big but , if ya dont like taking it , dont dish it ... good on yer as today i got dished it well and proper lol .

Finally, i wondered how long it was going to take for the Oaks resident gimp (sponge bob shit his pants) to voice his moronic drivel, the oaks lads in attendance were all very gracious in defeat , and good on em , your time came , went , and now its gone .... boo hoo ya homo
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Love him or hate him simmo knows how to set a proper course , best course I've ever shot and a world class one at that ....
    Well done all the top shooters .

Hard lines Chilly (the man who makes Mr staypuff from ghostbusters look like Lena Zavaroni mid anorexia), i got a proper verbal bashing all day from him and my so called mate Mr Hills ..... but and its a big but , if ya dont like taking it , dont dish it ... good on yer as today i got dished it well and proper lol .

Finally, i wondered how long it was going to take for the Oaks resident gimp (sponge bob shit his pants) to voice his moronic drivel, the oaks lads in attendance were all very gracious in defeat , and good on em , your time came , went , and now its gone .... boo hoo ya homo
    Defeat!... Hahaha...oh you were being serious... So a home shoot, LOADED with buckshed boys 3-1 infact!! at least 4 illegal targets (i just know) with the ranges shared between all the sub terra crew and you call that a win! Oh Crust...i mean Russ, you are so funny.....ignorant but funny.....
    All this being pushed from the rear (Simpletons fave position.. when mano-mano) by a decrepit, run down has been...that actually never was... Oh you are funny!, nice to see you creeping into the 50's now cruss..... XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Now now lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Defeat!... Hahaha...oh you were being serious... So a home shoot, LOADED with buckshed boys 3-1 infact!! at least 4 illegal targets (i just know) with the ranges shared between all the sub terra crew and you call that a win! Oh Crust...i mean Russ, you are so funny.....ignorant but funny.....
    All this being pushed from the rear (Simpletons fave position.. when mano-mano) by a decrepit, run down has been...that actually never was... Oh you are funny!, nice to see you creeping into the 50's now cruss..... XX
    Ahhhhh Mr Bypass , your carer has let you near a computer a few days on the trot , you must have stopped eating your crayons .... your come backs are getting as lame as you are ..... better up ya game mate .

HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Haha! x