Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The remarkable BAM B3 / AK47

The remarkable BAM B3 / AK47

I was not sure if this counted as a Collectable, so forgive me if I am stretching terminology a little. This month's AGW has an article by John Milewski praising the BAM B3, an AK47 lookalike that is no longer in production. The review rifle had been tuned by tuning master Jon Budd to yield around 9 ftlbs. and as I read the article it sort of rekindled memories. I was sure I had seen that rifle model before. A rummage at the back of a cupboard and there it was ... only called a Perfecta in its box. But the 'Instruction sheet' gave it as a BAM B3. I seem to remember my model at around 5 or 6 ftlbs so it seems Jon did indeed work magic.
    Strange how things get squirreled away to become almost forgotten.
    But John's article has now rekindled my interest and maybe I should give the rifle more attention ....

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I was not sure if this counted as a Collectable, so forgive me if I am stretching terminology a little. This month's AGW has an article by John Milewski praising the BAM B3, an AK47 lookalike that is no longer in production. The review rifle had been tuned by tuning master Jon Budd to yield around 9 ftlbs. and as I read the article it sort of rekindled memories. I was sure I had seen that rifle model before. A rummage at the back of a cupboard and there it was ... only called a Perfecta in its box. But the 'Instruction sheet' gave it as a BAM B3. I seem to remember my model at around 5 or 6 ftlbs so it seems Jon did indeed work magic.
    Strange how things get squirreled away to become almost forgotten.
    But John's article has now rekindled my interest and maybe I should give the rifle more attention ....

Cheers, Phil
    Hi Phil,

Thank you for the kind comments. The B3 is an unusual airgun that is no longer in production, so it's probably at that transitional phase between a discontinued item and collectable. Now is the time to find them, hopefully for not too much money. I saw one advertised in the current issue of Airgun World for £100. It is certainly a pleasant rifle to shoot after Jon worked his magic.

I'd be very interested in seeing some images of your Perfecta and if at all possible, a scan of the instruction booklet at your convenience.

Kind regards,

John

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think there is enough interest in the little paramilitary plinker to warrant it a 'Collectible', particularly as few were sold. Although it is probably a design that was knocked up to please the tastes of juveniles in the West who cannot access a 'real' AK, it might be a 'trainer' for the military. The very much older Lion underlever (1970s, a bit like a DB4) resembled the SKS assault rifle almost certainly for training whatever the People's Republic has in terms of a cadet force.

The BAM 3 has always looked more like an SKS with a folding stock than an AK47. Suppose liking it to AK would sell more.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Phil,

I'd be very interested in seeing some images of your Perfecta and if at all possible, a scan of the instruction booklet at your convenience.

Kind regards,

John
    No problem at all, except that the instruction book is more like a scrap of paper ...
    I will try and sort it all tomorrow for you.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    No problem at all, except that the instruction book is more like a scrap of paper ...
    I will try and sort it all tomorrow for you.
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The BAM 3 has always looked more like an SKS with a folding stock than an AK47. Suppose liking it to AK would sell more.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Always thought they looked more like a Czech VZ58, which is also a rather dinky little rifle. Similar safety placement, too.

Barn doors were in no danger from mine!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Barn doors were in no danger from mine!
    That is why it has a bayonet fixture.

I had a boxed BAM 3 - sold it about 12 months ago (wish i hadnt now)

It was in a plain card box, well greased with a sheet of waxed paper and plastic bag and a small 'instruction manual'

In it it stated (along the lines) it was for positional, situational and drill training
    GOOD DEALS - Over 35

My box is predominantly orange with the picture on top of the box being repeated on the bottom. The top fitted over the bottom ... not like many 'boxes' where the box is just one pece of folded card. Box sides are orange as well, with a few embelishments (lovely word that). Key wording is PERFECTA and the calibre, .177 , 4.5mm
    The instruction manual is 4 pages, produced from a single piece of folded paper. Page size is about 3" x 7" with the fold on the 3" side. The action is marked Umarex Perfecta. B3 is noted in the instructions. There is no serial number that I can see. The manual warns that the pellet is dangerous out to 291 yds .. . and tells you only to use pellets, not nails.
    Cheers, Phil

You can still buy these from Sport Waffen Germany for 59 euros. now called the BAM5!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    You can still buy these from Sport Waffen Germany for 59 euros. now called the BAM5!
    And there was me thinking I had a Collectable worth a fortune to be handed down for generations to come ....

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    I don't suppose you have a link to this company for a technophobe Jenny?

Kind regards,

John

I may be wrong but I think the Xisico BAM B5 is a pump up with folding stock.

Baz

https://www.airgundepot.com/bam-air-...view.html#b510
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD