Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted, Diana 34/52 cast metal trigger guard

Wanted, Diana 34/52 cast metal trigger guard

As per the title, I don't suppose any of you have one of the above to sell me? It's for rifles fitted with the T01 trigger.

Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Sorted now thanks
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Glad you got sorted. Very hard to source now. Last seen at Chambers probably 2 or 3 years ago. I tried a search on a couple of German outlets but couldn't really navigate their sites.

Must confess, I bought one of the modern plastic ones from chambers! At least it makes it usable. The gun is a 34, or is it 38? The one with the angular forend but no firebird medallion. It's currently in bits waiting top hat and guides which will come today. It was a little under powered but the spring is good and straight so a little more pre-load will sort the power. I was impressed with how it grouped with falcon accuracy plus though.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

As far a i can remember these wont take much pre load before coming coil bound so go steady.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Must confess, I bought one of the modern plastic ones from chambers! At least it makes it usable. The gun is a 34, or is it 38? The one with the angular forend but no firebird medallion. It's currently in bits waiting top hat and guides which will come today. It was a little under powered but the spring is good and straight so a little more pre-load will sort the power. I was impressed with how it grouped with falcon accuracy plus though.
    I hope to undertake a similar course of work to my own 38 and it can only get better. After initially struggling with the 38 (I'm chopping and changing guns too much of late) I got it working right for me and as you say accuracy is very good. Its as dry as you like inside unfortunately and as such I don't want to use it too much before correctly lubing it.

Would be good to hear some feedback of how you get along post tweaking work?

Dave

Got it back together the other day and it is now lovely and quiet to shoot, no twang at all but it's only doing 9,5ft lbs. I suspect the breech o ring may not be sealing properly or the piston is a bit tight so further tinkering required. I will start with the breech seal.

Edit, swapped the breech seal and now doing 591 fps with falcon accuracy plus equating to approximately 10.5 ft lbs. Happy with that for now, will do some open sight plinking and see how it goes.
    Last edited by maximus; 08-09-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Got it back together the other day and it is now lovely and quiet to shoot, no twang at all but it's only doing 9,5ft lbs. I suspect the breech o ring may not be sealing properly or the piston is a bit tight so further tinkering required. I will start with the breech seal.

Edit, swapped the breech seal and now doing 591 fps with falcon accuracy plus equating to approximately 10.5 ft lbs. Happy with that for now, will do some open sight plinking and see how it goes.
    That's healthier! Should be sweet at that level but similarly near the limit as they are quite pokey guns. Slightly more stroke on these than the 34 I think and careful sizing of the piston seal will release more if needed as you know.
    Happy shooting
    Dave

The gun is a 34, or is it 38? The one with the angular forend but no firebird medallion.
    Not 100% sure, but I think it’s either a 38 or a 34S. Though I have a feeling that stock design was also sometimes sold as a 36 (the usual 36 being a 34-style stock with chequering on the grip and better stock finish). I stand to be corrected, but I think the Firebird thing was dreamed up by the then U.K. importer.

Mid 80s to mid 90s Dianas are confusing. There are lots of minor variants.

Wanted, Diana 34/52 cast metal trigger guard

firebirds had a gold medalion under the pistol grip.hth

Short barrel with front sight points to a 34S. Maybe stamped as such or maybe just 34. Yes, it was all a bit random at that point with Dianas.
    I do like the Diana open sights of that time. Pleasant to use.

Quote Originally Posted by wil95k View Post
    firebirds had a gold medalion under the pistol grip.hth
    My '52 is a Firebird. Think they did Firebirds in mod 38, 34, and possibly even a 24 but less sure on the baby Diana. This is before BSA got hold of the branding n brought the imagery down a peg or three
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    My '52 is a Firebird. Think they did Firebirds in mod 38, 34, and possibly even a 24 but less sure on the baby Diana. This is before BSA got hold of the branding n brought the imagery down a peg or three
    Dave
    Aye. Firebirds in 24, 34, 38 and 52. Not quite sure about the 48 but I'm almost certain D26 and 28s were never offered as Firebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Short barrel with front sight points to a 34S. Maybe stamped as such or maybe just 34. Yes, it was all a bit random at that point with Dianas.
    I do like the Diana open sights of that time. Pleasant to use.
    Mine is stamped with 34 on top of the cylinder, short barrel. Now doing 605fps BTW!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Mine is stamped with 34 on top of the cylinder, short barrel. Now doing 605fps BTW!!
    Sounds like a 34s. Personally prefer the carbine version of the 34.
    Its motoring along and hopefully will be accurate to boot. A keeper👍.
    Dave