Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The remarkable BAM B3 / AK47

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I may be wrong but I think the Xisico BAM B5 is a pump up with folding stock.

Baz

https://www.airgundepot.com/bam-air-...view.html#b510
    I think I've found the proper springer Baz but not being a German speaker and having to rely on Google translate, I'm somewhat lost as I think they're asking for some kind of licence to complete the order.

I think I'll need to find someone who has used them before to order one for me

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I don't suppose you have a link to this company for a technophobe Jenny?

Kind regards,

John
    I found them while souring Egun!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    A large box just arrived from Germany this morning... let's hope it has what I expect to find in it
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    A large box just arrived from Germany this morning... let's hope it has what I expect to find in it
    Me too Jon!

John

Well, these, badged as B5, are defo the same sidelever springers as the old B3

Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

These remind me of the Langenhan break barrels from over a century ago, which were sold as Milltas, Ansonias, Lincolns and numerous other names.

Cracking little rifles and great to see they are still available.

John

So how do they shoot?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    So how do they shoot?
    Rich.
    Going to have a quick test tomorrow, but they are basic, so not expecting anything wonderful. Form Germany, so will be 6FP, which should help. With a little tuning, lubing & piston sleaving, they can be quite mild mannered. 25mm tube and a fairly light piston with shortish stroke is a good starting point. Trigger on the one I had previously was a bit vague though.

Going to have a quick test tomorrow, but they are basic, so not expecting anything wonderful. Form Germany, so will be 6FP, which should help. With a little tuning, lubing & piston sleaving, they can be quite mild mannered. 25mm tube and a fairly light piston with shortish stroke is a good starting point. Trigger on the one I had previously was a bit vague though.
    Not anymore Jon - that trigger is lovely, as is the smooth action, which just shows these rifles respond very well to some tuning.

John

Shot them this morning.. much as expected Faily mild mannered shot cycle, but a little twangy. Trigger is vague, but as they are brand new will just shoot it a bit and see how it settles before trying anything.. it's a direct trigger, so never going to be epic... this also inclines me towards leaving the sligtly weedy 5-6 ft/lb spring in there, as there is really nothing to gain from an extra 2 ft/lb on an open sighted plinking springer - except making the trigger harder. One finger cocking is a bonus.

Scope?

Is it possible to mount a scope? I seem to remember years ago there was no rail.
    I am tackdriver, member since 2000, not any other unimaginative individual.

Quote Originally Posted by tackdriver View Post
    Is it possible to mount a scope? I seem to remember years ago there was no rail.
    Interesting question.. on these, there is a very shallow dovetail machined near the top edges of that rail on top - whereas on the older version the rail was plain, no dovetail. I'd not trust it with anything heavy, but I'm going to try either a light scope (SMK 4x28, surpisingly usable and small/light), or a red rot. The recoil is pretty low, but when I say those dovetails are fine...

Quote Originally Posted by tackdriver View Post
    I recall a previous importer, Trapper Industries offering a 'custom' version of the B3 as well as the standard, which was fitted with a muzzle break and very basic looking scope. This would have been around 2005. I think there's 'scope' (pardon the pun) for a shop/business to start offering these again, particularly as they can be sourced from Germany so cheaply.

John

Thanks

Interesting question.. on these, there is a very shallow dovetail machined near the top edges of that rail on top - whereas on the older version the rail was plain, no dovetail. I'd not trust it with anything heavy, but I'm going to try either a light scope (SMK 4x28, surpisingly usable and small/light), or a red rot. The recoil is pretty low, but when I say those dovetails are fine...
    I'm going to order one in.22 when the wages go in and fancied a low power scope or red dot for it...
    I am tackdriver, member since 2000, not any other unimaginative individual.

If anyone is thiking of ordering one, I'd suggest trying to pair up with someone else, as the shipping price of 20 Euro is the same for 1 or 2. Similarly, the foreign payment from the bank is much the same price when paying for 1 or 2 (~£10), so you save about £30 total if you get a pair. Ends up £70 each delivered.