Thread: Original 50 help needed

Original 50 help needed

I have an Original 50 in very good condition but it’s very twangy, cronos at 6 ft lbs.
    Any advice on stripping it down and the sourcing spare parts will be much appreciated.

There is a strip guide(s) over in the Idiots Guide on this forum. Posts 61, 62, 92. No real problems if you are methodical.
    Spares are a bit of a problem ... but the balls in the trigger are standard cycle size ... the strip guide gives the size. A part that is difficult, if you need it, is the trigger mechanism 'cage' but I recently saw them advertised on a German site ... maybe the gunshop in Gotha. An Airsporter mainspring fits.
    Cheers, Phil

Post Thanks Phil

Thanks Phil very useful I will give it go.

Point of interest (that you may not know) If you look very carefully, on the action on the l/h side as you hold it, just above the trigger you should see the month and year of manufacture. Either that or 'Foreign' or 'Made in Germany West'.
    Personally I think its a good idea to stamp the date of manufacture on a gun (perhaps below the stock level) but it does help us collectors.

If you do get stuck DM80 on here (based in Farnworth) is a magician with these and 'Giss' things.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Consider whether this is worth doing at all, well, apart from re-lubing the internals. These guns except for the very latest (and ugliest) were never powerhouses, 8-9ft/lbs normal, 10 for a very good gun on a very good day. If you were to fit a tighter spring guide - the only reliable way of de-twanging - power inevitably goes down a tad further, too. Having said that if you accept that these are not powerhouses nor particularly accurate guns and instead prefer the experience of shooting a very elegant and vintage feeling gun instead, using the decent open sights taking out tin cans at back garden ranges, making yours shoot smoother may be a worthwhile goal.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS