Thread: Benjamin prohunter

Benjamin prohunter

I remember these cracking little co2 pistols in .20 calibre, are they no longer made? Cant seem to find much info on them and quite fancy one now

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler1980 View Post
    I remember these cracking little co2 pistols in .20 calibre, are they no longer made? Cant seem to find much info on them and quite fancy one now
    Originally the 1970s Sheridan E9, later made/branded as a Benjamin or Benjamin-Crosman. Went out of production around ten years ago (also available in .177” and .22” - I think the .22” lastest longest). I’m sure I posted in here with more precise details when I could remember them.

Indeed, cracking little pistols. Apart from mediocre trigger and rubbish sights, and too small a grip, and little opportunity easily to mod/upgrade. But fun, and a piece of Americana.

Driven out of the market by the Crosman 2240 (why, if you were Crosman, make 2 pistols that competed against each other? Benjamin and Sheridan merged in the 80s and Crosman/Coleman Corp - the parent organisation - later took them over). Cheaper, better factory sights, easily upgraded. Just not as nicely traditionally made, and a bit less handy.

Sadly no longer made,Crosman soldiers on still churning out their usual crap,of course.Fortunately,I have three of the Sheridan pistols one in each calibre that I bought new many years ago!

All three hardly used and still in their original boxes with all the paperwork etc!
    Last edited by mrto; 03-07-2018 at 05:06 AM.

I have a .20 and a .22
    Very well made accurate and noisy!

I have nice wood grips on them from Andy on here ,and a UK Neil silencer adapter on one ,which coupled with an HW silencer makes it hilariously quiet.

One has been stripped to brass too.

A lot classier than the 2240 but Geezer is right and you can’t knock the success of the 2240.

I have a number of 2240's can't quite remember how many and even one in .25.They are,of course a great platform that begs to be modded.

Nevertheless,Crosman of old no longer exists,but they left us with some of the best Co2 pistols and revolvers that were and will ever be made..

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I have a .20 and a .22
    Very well made accurate and noisy!

I have nice wood grips on them from Andy on here ,and a UK Neil silencer adapter on one ,which coupled with an HW silencer makes it hilariously quiet.

One has been stripped to brass too.

A lot classier than the 2240 but Geezer is right and you can’t knock the success of the 2240.
    I'm after some decent grips, can you give me the contact "andy" details I have an eb22

Pm to airgunner.177

I've got one in .20 aswell, along with the silencer adapter great little pistol, I don't use it enough

I have all three calibers along with a couple of .68 marker versions I also sell silencer adapters and seal kits for them bothe solder valve and cartridge valves

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    I have all three calibers along with a couple of .68 marker versions I also sell silencer adapters and seal kits for them bothe solder valve and cartridge valves
    I'm keeping my eye out for a .20 or maybe a .177...

they come up now and again on the cheesebook groups but often have been polished which the seller often thinks is a selling point whereas to me it devalues the gun