Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Sport & Pro Elite Info Published

Pro Sport & Pro Elite Info Published

I've finally found some time to finish off the Pro Sport & Pro Elite info on my site so that's all the springers covered - just got the PCP's from 2000 onwards to sort now which should keep me busy for quite a while!

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/

I would still welcome any info anyone has that isn't on the site yet - in particular any old Air Arms brochures and the user handbook for the early side-levers.

Cheers, Steve.

Good stuff, Owl.

I’m pretty sure the very first few PEs, including the one given to the mags to test, had rifle-length barrels with iron sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good stuff, Owl.

I’m pretty sure the very first few PEs, including the one given to the mags to test, had rifle-length barrels with iron sights.
    They were sold in markets where telescopic sights were illegal. Looked very good actually with a blade front sight. My S300 also originally had opens fitted.

Also I don't know about the tapered bores on PE's. The piston seals seem to come off because they were barely "on" in the first place. Once the piston is removed, all you need to do is casually flick the seal with your thumb as if you were flicking a pre-opened beer bottle cap, and off it flew. Mine came unstuck after a period of disuse, the mild adherence of the seal to the breech block face meant that the piston travelled rearwards without the seal.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Very informative read there.

Excellent work and hopefully as you suggest it can be added to by snippets given by BBS members here- some photos being an obvious one of parts of the actions etc.

Well done mate- you've been busy😊

Dave

Excellent work, please keep it up..... who knows maybe this could be the start of a book for you.

Its said that everyone has a book inside, waiting to be published

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good stuff, Owl.

Thanks Geezer. I have seen iron sights on an early version reviewed in AGW before formal release but to date haven't been able to confirm whether any were offered for sale with open sights.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    They were sold in markets where telescopic sights were illegal. Looked very good actually with a blade front sight. My S300 also originally had opens fitted.

Also I don't know about the tapered bores on PE's. The piston seals seem to come off because they were barely "on" in the first place. Once the piston is removed, all you need to do is casually flick the seal with your thumb as if you were flicking a pre-opened beer bottle cap, and off it flew. Mine came unstuck after a period of disuse, the mild adherence of the seal to the breech block face meant that the piston travelled rearwards without the seal.
    That's interesting and would explain why ones with iron sights have been seen but seemingly not been offered in the UK.

The tapering seems to have been more prevalent on high power versions as the cylinder walls didn't cope too well at high power.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Very informative read there.

Excellent work and hopefully as you suggest it can be added to by snippets given by BBS members here- some photos being an obvious one of parts of the actions etc.

Well done mate- you've been busy😊

Dave
    Cheers Dave. I've started getting some further technical/servicing info together.

In regard to snippets from other members on this and other forums, I do add the info where I can substantiate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Excellent work, please keep it up..... who knows maybe this could be the start of a book for you.

Its said that everyone has a book inside, waiting to be published

Cheers Steve
    Thanks Steve.

Thank you RO, really enjoyed reading that ☺

Air arms

I've got two Pro Elites so if you need some pics of any of the action areas let me know?
    Best regards,
    Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    "The sub 12fpe version had short stroked internals and permanent air flow restrictors to regulate performance."

Are you sure ? Never seen a factory short stroked one myself, all just had regular stroke and weak springs. Also what size do you understand the FAC ports to be ? I know exactly what the sub 12 rifle's ports were, but one again, not aware of two different configurations being available..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    I've finally found some time to finish off the Pro Sport & Pro Elite info on my site so that's all the springers covered - just got the PCP's from 2000 onwards to sort now which should keep me busy for quite a while!

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/

I would still welcome any info anyone has that isn't on the site yet - in particular any old Air Arms brochures and the user handbook for the early side-levers.

Cheers, Steve.
    Great historical info Steve, really good to have this information all in one place. One tiny point is are the weights for the walnut and beech versions of the ProSport reversed? Usually beech is heavier than walnut .... on the page it says 'Weight: 4.1kg/9lb (Walnut) 3.9kg/8ib 6oz (Beech)'

Had a late Pro Elite in .177 and a very early one in .22. Both were good and had very few problems, none with the .22. At 20 ft. lbs. and 22 ft. lbs. they were a hand full, but they were very accurate. I started shooting TX's in FT matches and traded them both off. Wish I'd kept the .22, but it's out in Utah, I think.

**WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    "The sub 12fpe version had short stroked internals and permanent air flow restrictors to regulate performance."

Are you sure ? Never seen a factory short stroked one myself, all just had regular stroke and weak springs. Also what size do you understand the FAC ports to be ? I know exactly what the sub 12 rifle's ports were, but one again, not aware of two different configurations being available..
    This was taken from an early review and it would seem this was the intention for sub 12fpe versions but it looks as though it was not carried out - I'll amend the article shortly.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Great historical info Steve, really good to have this information all in one place. One tiny point is are the weights for the walnut and beech versions of the ProSport reversed? Usually beech is heavier than walnut .... on the page it says 'Weight: 4.1kg/9lb (Walnut) 3.9kg/8ib 6oz (Beech)'
    Thanks for spotting that - I will get them put the right way round!

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Thanks - I don;t seem to able to open the link at the moment so will try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post

Thanks - I don;t seem to able to open the link at the moment so will try again later.
    To be honest I was surprised that I did trawl that image, hosted on Photobucket, as now PB is pay-only. Now I can't see it either, but I got to it via Google Images and have saved a copy. Having said that it is still visible via Google Images and I have also copied the link, so let me know how it goes, just copy the image directly as soon as you see it. If this does not work I can send you my saved one.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

There was a PE in Holts’ sealed bid sale today. Unless I have mis-read the sale prices, it went for £350 hammer plus £70 commission, so £420 (well above my speculative “if you get lucky” bid).