Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
That was my view but they said that it wouldn't stop someone with a home compressor filling it.
That then is no longer there responsibility... If they condemn the bottle, stamp it with xxx's then it shouldn't matter. The bottle regulations says that it covers use of hp air at "work" not at home. Your involvement with the at "work" bit is when you take it to be filled at there "work". Looks like Rancidtom has the info for complaints & appeals against them. I've had a speedy look through the net & the only reference to this I can find is on a testers site where they state (in my own words) "we will destroy failed bottles to co.ply with HSE regulations" now I can't find any HSE regulations that state anything other than the workplace should have all bottles tested, and that it's the responsibility of the people in the business to do this. Not "all bottles need to be destroyed".
It's interesting how legislation can be interpreted, yes destroying the bottle satisfies HSE requirement but it's not the businesses responsibility to police the public. All they need to do is make sure it is clear that it has failed and return the bottle empty with the valve out as then you are responsible for putting it back in should you choose to.
Hope this helps