Thread: Dive Bottle Test - Short & Curly's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    £61 my @rse.......they'd be making 20+% even if they bought at retail!.
    Yes Jerry and there's very little I can do about it and that was why I posted. Now they've got my bottle I have to pay or they scrap it - short & curly's.

And... even if I was to somehow get them back I'd still have to pay for the test and I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely damage the threads (if not already) so that any second opinions / tests would have the same outcome.

I've learnt my lesson and I'll just have to pay out this time. Will go elsewhere next time. But I don't know of any other local testers other than Parwins.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
    Yes Jerry and there's very little I can do about it and that was why I posted. Now they've got my bottle I have to pay or they scrap it - short & curly's.

And... even if I was to somehow get them back I'd still have to pay for the test and I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely damage the threads (if not already) so that any second opinions / tests would have the same outcome.

I've learnt my lesson and I'll just have to pay out this time. Will go elsewhere next time. But I don't know of any other local testers other than Parwins.
    Follow the appeal procedure.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Follow the appeal procedure.
    IMPARTIALITY AND COMPLAINTS STATEMENT

APPEALS & COMPLAINTS

IDEST operates a formal appeals process should a customer believe that their Cylinder Inspection results, following an exhaustive discussion with the Test Centre, are not well founded.
    Any appeal must be made in writing to the IDEST Administration Office within one month of the date of the Inspection and substantiated with evidence, any grounds to make such appeal.

And as I see it, that's the issue, I haven't any evidence. I can't prove a thing... They have the equipment and no matter how much I go on about how little use it had and how careful I was with it, I can't show that the threads were OK before I handed them over. Unfortunately, I think it'd be a LOT of time poorly spent and for no gain. You may think I'm being defeatist, and if I'm overlooking something please point it out to me.

Thanks again.