Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lincoln jeffries 1926 prototype

As has already been stated, it's difficult to estimate a value as there isn't anything to compare it against. Many collectors, including myself prefer short-run production items rather than prototypes when looking for rare pistols.
    So, the pistol will appeal more ro a niche market and would probably do better if it were sold at auction where it will fetch whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Good luck with the sale if you decide to part with it.

Brian

Coughs --- a timely reminder gentlemen :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....22#post3565822

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Coughs --- a timely reminder gentlemen :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....22#post3565822

Carry on.

I have made no mention of selling the gun just asking for a value, but half of my posts don't get posted anyway

Quote Originally Posted by destination View Post
    I have made no mention of selling the gun just asking for a value, but half of my posts don't get posted anyway
    I don't think it's you - rather other people on this thread coming close to expressing an interest in buying... FWIW it's impossible to value a one-off. Either sell for an amount you're happy with or put it up for auction, with all the attendant cost that entails. But beware, one-offs don't always do very well at auction. I'm thinking of Mac's Baker rifle.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by destination View Post
    My comments weren't aimed at yourself, but at others who's deleted posts were getting very close to breaking forum rules.

As new members first few posts have to be read and approved before they show, there is a time lag from you posting to your post actually showing --- you've now made enough posts for us to take your stabilisers off and let you out on your own.

All the best Mick