Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
Suggest you update this thread with the diagnosis by the gunsmith, it might help others.

A potential issue could be the cylinder indexing not working as well as it should. I realize the pistol is all parceled up now, but for future reference (e.g. when it is returned to you) you could check that out. With NO C02 bulb in the pistol and no pellets loaded, indexing the cylinder (with the hammer), should cause the cylinder/shells to line up precisely with the barrel (this can be viewed with a torch down the barrel - NO C02 ).

Some of the Umerex 8 shot rotary magazine pistols can succumb to a fault whereby the magazine/pellet do not line precisely with the barrel, result is the first few shots are good, the following shots go 'phut' as the pellet strikes the edge of the barrel. Seems feasible that this type of problem might occur on any indexing cylinder gun.
Yes, I will let people know the result, if they tell me. [The last time it went back to the retailer, who in turn returned it to their supplier (Armex?), so when I got it back nobody could tell me what the problem was!]

It's not really possible for me to see properly down the barrel as, being a revolver where the rotary chamber doesn't swing out really limits visibility. Then there is the cartridge ejector mechanism. It's not as straightforward as a pistol with an 8 shot magazine would be.

I get the best idea if things are lining up when I open the shell loading gate and gently move the cylinder back and forth. But that's quite loose at the best of times.
If there are no shells loaded in the cylinder it doesn't give me any better view of the area where the "next to be fired" shell sits. Trying to see the part of the revolver where things may not be marrying up and seating correctly/indexing is really difficult. It is probably only possible with the revolver in bits, I don't know.

I haven't a clue when I'll get it back. It's not even going to be collected until the weekend after this coming weekend. Then it will be sent on to the supplier (Armex?). They do whatever they do, and then it gets returned to the dealer, and after up to another 10-14 days after THAT I should get it back. I reckon between one and two months, being a pessimist!