Thread: Crosman 100 seals

Crosman 100 seals

Anyone know where I can get a seal kit for a Crosman 100/101

First. Is the gun in pieces? Can we see pics of the check and exhaust valve. These guns had different seals over the years. Without seeing what you have, no good way of helping.

Also, understand that although is is almost always possible to get a Crosman into top performance it's not always an easy job to accomplish.

There are a few of us on here who make our own seals on a lathe from polyurethane, delrin and other materials as you often cannot source them for old air guns. I have never seen a 100 in the flesh but I am sure one of the other guys may have done one before.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Dennis Baker /Rick at precision pellet or JG will have the seal kits I imagine
    I haven't had to strip my 101 to reseal as it had been done before bought it (think it was with a Baker kit/Dennis did it)
    you'll also need to make a tool to remove the valve nut and I'm told getting the compression tube out can be fun with some having an o ring groove for a seal and others not
    piston head seals vary as well some leather others synthetic personally if I needed to do a new piston seal I'd just turn up an o ring piston head
    where's it leaking from

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    First. Is the gun in pieces? Can we see pics of the check and exhaust valve. These guns had different seals over the years. Without seeing what you have, no good way of helping.

Also, understand that although is is almost always possible to get a Crosman into top performance it's not always an easy job to accomplish.
    Not yet stripped it,I saw it and had to have it as it's the 100. .177 version. Only made for 5 years or so.
    I'll need to make a couple of tools first to aid removal.
    I did find a set on fleabay USA but they won't send to U.K. For some reason???

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Not yet stripped it,I saw it and had to have it as it's the 100. .177 version. Only made for 5 years or so.
    I'll need to make a couple of tools first to aid removal.
    I did find a set on fleabay USA but they won't send to U.K. For some reason???
    It's easy to make the dismount tools required. Just get an old deep socket wrench appropriate size and grind down the edges of the socket to fit the notches in the valve nut.

Maybe before taking a part you might want to try a few things. First, be sure when pumping up that the hammer is cocked. The hammer pressure alone can keep the exhaust valve open.

Next. With Crosman oil (oil comparable with rubber is needed) carefully lube the gun this way: Pull the pump out. Drizzle drops of oil down the pump tube so as to get oil onto the check valve area. Put pump back in. Pump gun (a lot) Point is to try and get some oil worked into the valve and onto the exhaust valve seal. This can bring a Crosman back to life.

I bought a seal kit from Baker Airguns in US and the tool. Rick is excellent as well. Like DT said try to bring it back to life. I have a 1949 108 I bought this year never been into and lube was all it needed. Shooting it as I am writing this. You might read posts on GTA vintage area forum. Guys there have been successful with a alcohol flush? Never tried it. These are easy to work on I sealed a 1949 101 with Baker seal kit. The guys over at Gateway to Airguns vintage forum know this rifle well.

It would also be a good idea to give us some pics of what you have. Many of these guns can tell a story.

For example, at one point, I realized that one of the rarest of the rare would be a Crosman model 100 with the Silent "click less" forearm. The 100 was only introduced in 1940 and the 100s produced that year and only that year had the rubber forearm. 1940 is the year PY Hahn took over after his father died and PY, as always, went back to a new model every year and in 1940 all he could do was the 100. In 1941 came the war and production stopped. Took some time but finally located one and was lucky as could be that it was in great condition and even had the decal on the forearm (that forearm decal is prized by serious collectors).

Baker

Baker Airgun's will post to uk if I need some spare but will try the fixes first.