Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonna

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Bonna

Picked up a Bonna at kempton... bolt action military trainer type jobbie, 4.4mm ball repeater with Mauseresque woodwork. Quite similar internally to the Haenal 49a I already have, which is handy as I knew how to repair the missing pellet probe and get it firing Obviously quite low power, even more so that the Haenel - not surprising as the Bonna bolt has zero mechanican advantage, unlike the schmeisser rocking bolt of the Haenal..

But what model is it and how to date it ? it has "31" stamped on a few parts ? Also when were they made ? Looks just like the Mars, but I gather these are newer ?

Google isn't helping me much... all I can find of real use is from Frakor in this site:

"there are 2 models, a model 115 (100shot) and a model 98 (75 shot) both use the 4,4mm ball."

Mine is the full length

So no idea what the 31 stamped everywhere is !

TIA,

JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Pics would be nice to see.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Picked up a Bonna at kempton... bolt action military trainer type jobbie, 4.4mm ball repeater with Mauseresque woodwork. Quite similar internally to the Haenal 49a I already have, which is handy as I knew how to repair the missing pellet probe and get it firing Obviously quite low power, even more so that the Haenel - not surprising as the Bonna bolt has zero mechanican advantage, unlike the schmeisser rocking bolt of the Haenal..

But what model is it and how to date it ? it has "31" stamped on a few parts ? Also when were they made ? Looks just like the Mars, but I gather these are newer ?

Google isn't helping me much... all I can find of real use is from Frakor in this site:

"there are 2 models, a model 115 (100shot) and a model 98 (75 shot) both use the 4,4mm ball."

Mine is the full length

So no idea what the 31 stamped everywhere is !

TIA,

JB
    In the postwar catalogues here.

Could I have some pics for the gallery, please?

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sounds like I'll be doing some pics...

1953/54 though..
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 06-07-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks for that Danny, wondered where the Haenel "Sheibenkastan" I just acquired came from.

Baz

Did some pics.

It's a bit tatty, but i think the pix make it look even worse

The top woodwork is non original, but I needed something to cover the BB "hopper", and this was close. The original goes all the way forwards to the steel wrap-around bracket.
    Bottom pic shows the massive counter-bore, which extends half way down the barrel.
    3rd pic shows the gun cocked, held on the trigger sear, ready to fire.
    Power is very low as there is no mechanical advantage in the bolt system, a (thankfully) weak spring, and a 4" long pellet probe / transfer port

Last edited by Shed tuner; 06-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I like that! It looks like its been to Stalingrad and back. You just need to cut some teeth in the bolt, screw on a helical gear and fit it with a HW80 spring. The cock it using a cordless drill and you'll be shooting holes in dustbins in no time.

Thanks JB. Can we have a close up of the name inscription please?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks JB. Can we have a close up of the name inscription please?
    lol - fussy bugger... Sure, but it might be a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I like that! It looks like its been to Stalingrad and back.
    I'd say with a degree of confidence that it's definately been used in its intended "service" training role

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I'd say with a degree of confidence that it's definately been used in its intended "service" training role
    Given what cadets can do to an air-rifle, I don't think they would need to be armed in a conflict. Just drop a couple on an enemy tank and it would be bent, jammed and inoperable in minutes.

lol - fussy bugger... Sure, but it might be a couple of days
    Ta.

No rush.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

I like the way a creative woodworm has used it's exit holes to write it's initials JS in the stock
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I like the way a creative woodworm has used it's exit holes to write it's initials JS in the stock
    Are they not pins ?

The initials are clearly man made, but those woodworm have indeed left a few marks of their own... long since dead.