Thread: S200 magazine 'o' ring issue!

S200 magazine 'o' ring issue!

Hi All,

My son's s200 has been fitted with the Air Arms magazine conversion and all was right with the world.....
    Now we find that after 5-10 shots or so the o ring in the bolt probe gets stripped off? Is this a common issue? Am I missing some alignment adjustability?
    It's being a pest, any help appreciated.

Bing!

oring caput

hi there, if the bolt is quite smooth in operation when loading there must be a sharp edge somewhere maybe on the breech face of the barrel or the actual pellet carrier ?. without the pellet carrier in, look if the bolt is reasonably central to the bore when you push the bolt into the barrel, that will tell you the bolt aliment is ok. if that's ok then there's a slotted screw underneath the magazine housing if my memories correct. turn the gun upside down to see it. if the bolt isn't smooth when you cycle a pellet you can turn the screw either way to slightly alter the cam timing "heypresto" you want to use a domed pellet when doing this not a wad cutter or h point type as they tend to rattle their way in not slide in. check that the magazine carrier oring isn't frayed or gone hard, that can cause a problem also. atb gc93...
    Last edited by gc93; 05-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.

There is a grub screw on the bottom left edge of the plastic ten shot conversion assembly. That is to adjust the indexing. Easier on the two piece stock on the early S200, not so easy on the later single piece stock.

I bought a used ten shot unit, never had to alter it, works perfectly, maybe 1000 pellets so far (domed), no problems with the bolt o-ring, no jams.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Hello, to cut the story short, I had the same problem and after trying everything with little improvement looked at the mag. and the pellet hole was razor sharp, it was completely cured by getting a tapered reamer from e - bay for the sum of about 3 quid, removing the sharp edge was the answer.I didn't take a lot off. That was on 5 mags and about 3000 ( to be honest I didn't count them but its a minimum number) pellets later haven't had a problem.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Thanks chaps,

Minus the conversion the rifle is faultless...so.... it must be the magazine or housing. It's off the rifle at the moment so I'll check for edges etc, back on the rifle and re adjust if needed.

Gawd bless the bbs.

Bing!

Just to add that I have eight mags, two are old, 6 are new, all work fine, but as Geoff says the edges can be sharp (think cheese grater ).

I was advised to use pellet lube to help the domed pellets slip into the mag (o-ring) and into the breach. Not sure whether others bother to do that.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.