Quote Originally Posted by SuperSix1 View Post
Hi Robs5230

I've just read all the posts on the Hw57 on the site and it seems to be a 'marmite' gun. Personally, I love mine even if at the moment its not grouping well. The rifle is third hand, so not new, and when bought by the original owner was tuned. 'V' tuned seems to come to mind from what my friend told me, then the second owner (my friend) bought it, fired it with the breech up (I now know this is not uncommon) and sent it for fixing at a local gun shop where they stripped out the tuning parts and replaced them with what my friend laments as inferior parts. After this, it hasn't really been 'right'.

I think I will try your suggestions with the grease and JSB express pellets. I would like to send it for tuning to someone who knows these guns, but I don't know any names or who does this yet.

Also, the first owner had a special walnut thumb hole stock made for the gun and for the wood alone it is worth keeping as its a beautiful stock. Call me a bit sad but sometimes I just get it out to look at it.

Thanks for the advice
Robert
Have a word (send a message) with Shauny on here. He knows his HW springers and will also be able to make a bespoke set of delrin guides to match the spring. Tell him I put you in touch.