Thread: Nikkon sterling repair 8_24

Nikkon sterling repair 8_24

Hello

I have just read a recent post and there was some advice regarding a place to try for rifle scope repairs. I will contact them next week....interesting thread by the way.

My panamax scope was working fine until it took a slight bump. ..my fault.

On the rifle it was mounted to it held zero perfectly. Now, on the same rifle it runs out of adjustment before it's zero's. (same range, some pellet).

I have tried running the turrets all the way one way and all the way back, then half way to centre it....but no joy. I think it may have shifted something inside. It does still adjust the point of impact just runs out of adjustment.

Is there anything I can try prior to sending it away?

It was bought used and the manufacturer just forwarded my service enquiry email to a UK distributor who does not do repairs. I appreciate there's no warranty as its used but there must be some service department even with the offer to pay? Whilst not a mega money scope and I'm guessing made in China, but neither is it buttons, it seems a shame to write it off...it's a fantastic air rifle optic. I guess it's a throw away rather than repair society these days.

Adjustable mounts seem very expensive and although they may work, won't fix the problem properly.

Any suggestions as to anything I can try to fix it?

Thank you

What rifle is it?.Rog

Hello Rog,

It's on a Lgv but I have also tested it on a pcp with the same outcome.

scope

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    What rifle is it?.Rog
    Try Action Optics

I can't offer any advice as to how to fix in a cost effective manner as IMHO, your situ requires buying a replacement Scope as being your best way forward.

Vic T

Helping everyone,

Thanks for the replies, but I couldn't find anyone to repair it....

If it helps anyone, here's what I tried:

As a last resort I tried turning the turrets and working them from one side to the other. I took the scope off the rifle and put it face down on a mirror to centralise the reticle (got this tip from somewhere online). You can just about make out two sets of crosshairs, line the two up so that they appear to sit on top of each other.

I then tapped the turrets and scope body lightly with a screwdriver handle a few times and kept adjusting the turret extreme to extreme. I repeated this a few times and kept turning the turrets. Re centralised the turrets one last time and then remounted the scope and hey presto! Back to being able to zero in.

i think you will find in the small print that niko stirlings have a lifetime warranty! Maybe take it back to where you got it and speak to them if you are the owner from new. Also depends if you registered it. Not many people know this.
    Nikko Stirling proudly offers our customers an unprecedented Lifetime Warranty subject to the following terms:

Riflescopes and Binoculars - Lifetime Warranty applies only to the original owner.
    (proof of original purchase may be required)

Electronic parts are warranted for 5 years.

All other Nikko Stirling products are covered with a lifetime warranty which applies to the original owner with original invoice.

These warranties do not cover misuse, abuse or repairs attempted by someone other than our authorised technicians.

Product registration is required please click here

If a product proves to be defective, Nikko Stirling, at its option, will repair the product or replace the product with a similar product.

Otherwise it is highland outdoors via a gunshop. or just speak to them nicely.

Thanks Nimrod, I was not aware of that.

Unfortunately, I bought it used, needless to say the manufacturer forwarded my enquiry to the UK importer who could not help. Touch wood it has sorted itself out now.

Quote Originally Posted by rg627 View Post
    Helping everyone,

Thanks for the replies, but I couldn't find anyone to repair it....

If it helps anyone, here's what I tried:

As a last resort I tried turning the turrets and working them from one side to the other. I took the scope off the rifle and put it face down on a mirror to centralise the reticle (got this tip from somewhere online). You can just about make out two sets of crosshairs, line the two up so that they appear to sit on top of each other.

I then tapped the turrets and scope body lightly with a screwdriver handle a few times and kept adjusting the turret extreme to extreme. I repeated this a few times and kept turning the turrets. Re centralised the turrets one last time and then remounted the scope and hey presto! Back to being able to zero in.

Gary at MTC would have used a shoe