Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great value trigger upgrade for TX200 (and possibly Rekord)

Oh dear, now £20.00 and then £5.50 postage. Looks like the usual British problem of success.

A.G

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Oh dear, now £20.00 and then £5.50 postage. Looks like the usual British problem of success.

A.G
    To be fair they are worth £30 all day long. I paid £30 for a secondhand rowan TX trigger blade, and they are over £40 new -this (IMHO) is better.

I think it's more a question on a low initial launch price to drum up interest, and then setting the price more realistically.. which is fair enough !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    It does fit in a Rekord - but only with some fettling.

Had to turn up a reducing sleeve to improve the fit of the Rekord 2mm pin - but then again, the standard Rekord trigger flops about on the pin like a wet haddock! also had to fit 1mm shims either side to stop side-side play, then get out the files to re-profile and relieve the brass to prevent it locking up against the trigger spring screw bracket. Also, a new shorter trigger spring adjuster is required as the rib on the back of the blade fouls the standard screw.

All works now on the bench. Will go back into the '77 action I'm playing with tomorrow - if I can find the safety spring!

Will post up some comparison photos of the trigger blade in the Rekord tomorrow.

Jerry

Just messaged the vendor and he's going to do a Rekord specific version soon
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    As promised, piccies of mods to trigger and installation to Rekord. Sunbeam will be making a Rekord-specific version soon, so you lot don't have to go through the pain I did! Like an idiot I didn't take a pic of the trigger before, so you only get the after shots. there's some original pics in the Bay of E though....

Had to take off the front and top of the trigger to get the profile more like the Rekord unit, but not too much as it brings the trigger forward. Not immediately obvious, but the hole is sleeved, and there are plastic shims either side to take up the slack in the trigger housing. Unfortunately, the hole is so close to the edge of the trigger that the shims tore a bit round the top. Works OK though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Installed: thankfully, the long grubscrews allow it to trip the sears OK, as the falloff at the back of the trigger is a lot steeper than the Rekord. the lack of clearance to the spring tension adjuster can be seen, and where the back of the blade would have fouled the spring adjuster screw. Clearance restored by turning up an M6 S/S grubscrew:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jerry

Hi there i have just noticed that he states on "Swift sixteen" that the postage will be Refunded to BBS UK members after sale, so there by free post in uk. so that saves a bit off the total cost. All the best Graham.

Sunbeam who makes these triggers has contacted me stating that I was unfair in implying that £20.00 + postage was rather a high price. In fairness he does refund the postage for the Airgun BBS members which makes the trigger quite cheap compared to Rowan and the others. I was not aware that the price on the bay was a special super discounted price so I guess I had to set the record staright.

A.G

Can this trigger blade be shipped to the U.S.?

They are back on e6ay, stupidly cheap £12.50 all inc, apparently "clearance". Anyone who missed out, be quick.

(and yes, I just bought another I'll probably sell it one for a 400% profit when someone tries one of my others and goes "wow, where can I get one of those ?" )

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    They are back on e6ay, stupidly cheap £12.50 all inc, apparently "clearance". Anyone who missed out, be quick.

(and yes, I just bought another I'll probably sell it one for a 400% profit when someone tries one of my others and goes "wow, where can I get one of those ?" )

It's a shame that Rob's decided to pack up making them, Jon.

Given time and threads like this on other forums, I'm sure they would be worth carrying on with production.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's a shame that Rob's decided to pack up making them, Jon.

Given time and threads like this on other forums, I'm sure they would be worth carrying on with production.
    I agree. But I can't argue with his logic / business approach. At the end of the day if they become price sensitive at a level below any chance of making a profit, it makes no sense to continue.

It's also an interesting example of brand value - were these available on Rowans site (just an example), I'm they've have sold for £40 all day long... hmm.. maybe he should sell them to Rowan, rathan than to end users...?

Hello to All,

Rob has made a post on a forum explaining his reasons for stopping production - trouble is I can't remember where I saw it

The gist is :

He was making a loss on the first few he sold at the very low price - this was done to assess demand.

He then put the price up to a level where he would actually make a profit, though a small profit.

At the new, higher price, the demand plummeted, so he decided to call it a day.

have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

Rob has made a post on a forum explaining his reasons for stopping production - trouble is I can't remember where I saw it

Best regards

Russ
    Here you go, Russ :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....06#post7544606

T20,

Many thanks

Doh... it was here on 'BBS - I will go and sit in a dark room.....

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

I did buy one of these at the initial bargain price. Still unused as I've yet to buy the rifle to fit it in.
    B.A.S.C. member