Thread: Airarms s410 transfer port screw size

Airarms s410 transfer port screw size

As above looking for a suitable screw to fit into the Venturi port on the side. Thanks Keith

Any cone-point 3x5 mm grub screw will do the job - in fact so long as its not more than about 8 mm, length is not important.

The proper Air Arms screws have a blue nylon patch patch to stop them vibrating loose. The part number is RN191 M3X5 SKT SET CONE PT TUF LOCK PATCH but Air Arms don't usually publish the fact, presumably as part of their anti-tamper policy. You can get then from Julian Bond at www.airarmsspares.com among other places.

Alan

Going to try these for fit on my AA S410 and S510. https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk..._SHBtn_M3.html
    Ordered some today in M3x5 to replace the external AT screw. Should arrive next week, will let you know how I get on for fit

I use M3 x 4mm stainless button head hex socket screw from e8ay.
    Someone on that site is selling them as an air arms spare for nearly 4 quid each but that should get you a pack of 5. The black M3x5 ones should be ok as the hole is pretty deep.
    Last edited by TenMetrePeter; 10-08-2018 at 05:57 PM.

I used security M3 torx button head screws on my 400 and HFT500, always found torx to be more resistant to rounding off than an allen head at M3 size. Got 10mm ones then ground them down a mm or two to make them flush with the bottom of the hole.

Thanks guys. Will look into getting some for my airarms. I hate looking at the broken silver anti tamper pin in the side. It looks naff.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    I use M3 x 4mm stainless button head hex socket screw from e8ay.
    Someone on that site is selling them as an air arms spare for nearly 4 quid each but that should get you a pack of 5. The black M3x5 ones should be ok as the hole is pretty deep.
    Gents, the plan is to fit a 3x1 O ring to the M3x5 button head which will reduce it's penetration into the hole a tad and also give a nice airtight seal. Will let you know how well it works