Thread: Great value trigger upgrade for TX200 (and possibly Rekord)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just messaged the vendor and he's going to do a Rekord specific version soon
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    As promised, piccies of mods to trigger and installation to Rekord. Sunbeam will be making a Rekord-specific version soon, so you lot don't have to go through the pain I did! Like an idiot I didn't take a pic of the trigger before, so you only get the after shots. there's some original pics in the Bay of E though....

Had to take off the front and top of the trigger to get the profile more like the Rekord unit, but not too much as it brings the trigger forward. Not immediately obvious, but the hole is sleeved, and there are plastic shims either side to take up the slack in the trigger housing. Unfortunately, the hole is so close to the edge of the trigger that the shims tore a bit round the top. Works OK though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Installed: thankfully, the long grubscrews allow it to trip the sears OK, as the falloff at the back of the trigger is a lot steeper than the Rekord. the lack of clearance to the spring tension adjuster can be seen, and where the back of the blade would have fouled the spring adjuster screw. Clearance restored by turning up an M6 S/S grubscrew:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jerry

Hi there i have just noticed that he states on "Swift sixteen" that the postage will be Refunded to BBS UK members after sale, so there by free post in uk. so that saves a bit off the total cost. All the best Graham.