Thread: FAS 611 10 mt match rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had one for ages but I've never shot it yet, I need to get Anschutz sight riser blocks to use it.
    I echo everything you've said about it, it's a solid quality looking rifle for the money. It's kind of like a side cocking S200.
    Only thing I don't like is how hard the cocking lever hits the action when it closes, I'll maybe fit it with a nylon stud or something to stop the metal to metal contact.
    My one is an early model with the strange green stained beech stock, I think I paid about £350 new for it as the shop couldn't sell them, so was discounting them.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hammy

The one I saw was one of the original green ones a long time ago, that performed well, but they appear to have updated it and up classed it, and have a new 10 mt version costing around £800, the new stock is a nice grained Walnut, looks nice.

I know who did import them, and then abandoned everyone, enough said, but I think there is a new importer (I won't advertise, just google the model). I know Checkmate has been the only person to support them recently.

I'd just be interested to see how they stand up in use, as they could be a good cheap starter, just need to see if they stand up better than the 6004 which seems a bit of a liability.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?