Thread: FAS 611 10 mt match rifle?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

FAS 611 10 mt match rifle?

Has any one bought one of the FAS 611 10 mt Match rifles?

I have had a play with one that a club member had bought, and as a highly critical old fart with no interest in cheap tat, I have to admit I was impressed!

The Chiappa FAS 6004 pistol has not been a great advert for quality, but the new 611 PCP Rifle looks to be a good value for money starter match rifle, and although engineering finish looked to be a bit "eastern bloc" (although its made in Italy) it was was quite solid and well made. The trigger was quite good, the ambi match stock in Walnut was also a nice shape and well made. Ok its not Walther/FWB/Anschutz standard or quality, and we will not be replacing our Walther LG400's with one, but if the one I saw is representative then it would be an ideal junior/starter/ bell target PCP match 10 mt rifle, vastly superior to the other budget 10 mt match rifles in its price range, and I believe at a price in the £800 region new.

I'd be interested if any one has bought one and their view?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

You need to ask who provides warranty repairs and spare parts. Parts for the 60(0)4 pistols like a new valve seem difficult to get via the usual guy (Checkmate guns).

I've had one for ages but I've never shot it yet, I need to get Anschutz sight riser blocks to use it.
    I echo everything you've said about it, it's a solid quality looking rifle for the money. It's kind of like a side cocking S200.
    Only thing I don't like is how hard the cocking lever hits the action when it closes, I'll maybe fit it with a nylon stud or something to stop the metal to metal contact.
    My one is an early model with the strange green stained beech stock, I think I paid about £350 new for it as the shop couldn't sell them, so was discounting them.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hammy

The one I saw was one of the original green ones a long time ago, that performed well, but they appear to have updated it and up classed it, and have a new 10 mt version costing around £800, the new stock is a nice grained Walnut, looks nice.

I know who did import them, and then abandoned everyone, enough said, but I think there is a new importer (I won't advertise, just google the model). I know Checkmate has been the only person to support them recently.

I'd just be interested to see how they stand up in use, as they could be a good cheap starter, just need to see if they stand up better than the 6004 which seems a bit of a liability.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?