Thread: Celebrities and airguns - photo's please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Celebrities and airguns - photo's please

I'll start off with the Sex Pistols' frontman and an ASI Paratrooper!

The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Pah! Way too obvious mrto.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Pah! Way too obvious mrto.

Ha! Ha!A bit lazy I know,but nevertheless the best combo of actor and air gun ever!

Wondered what the first 'Lethal Weapon' film would be like with a Webley Tempest and a BSA Scorpion in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Wondered what the first 'Lethal Weapon' film would be like with a Webley Tempest and a BSA Scorpion in it ?
    It would be titled "Less lethal Weapon"

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    I'll start off with the Sex Pistols' frontman and an ASI Paratrooper!

This photo looks to have been taken after the Pistols split up as Mr Lydon is sporting a Public Image Ltd T shirt.

What a cracking photo though - thank you for sharing.

John

The obvious one LP53

Steve Coogan with a swamp donkey!
    I wonder if he could match ValeBoy, and hit the bucket with it?

Donald

Sickly aka Jonny Lee Miller with a nice Webley Falcon
    Donald

Can everybody stop getting shot

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Sickly aka Jonny Lee Miller with a nice Webley Falcon
    looks like a mk1 or mk2 hawk(with the mk1 stock) to me mate

Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    The obvious one LP53
    I hate being reminded of this photo! Connery was offered the gun and refused, saying he didn't like guns! then that twat Graig said the same thing.

Combined with Schwarzenegger trying to ban all guns in California after making the movies he did it makes me sick, hypocrites the lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray1Mark View Post
    I hate being reminded of this photo! Connery was offered the gun and refused, saying he didn't like guns! then that twat Graig said the same thing.

Combined with Schwarzenegger trying to ban all guns in California after making the movies he did it makes me sick, hypocrites the lot of them!
    The LP53 belonged to the photographer and he substituted it because the Walther PPK wasn't available on set at the time. I don't believe there was any anti-gun feeling from Sean Connery.
    Last edited by Brian.Samson; 09-07-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    The LP53 belonged to the photographer and he substituted it because the Walther PPK wasn't available on set at the time. I don't believe there was any anti-gun feeling from Sean Connery.

You believe wrong

SEAN CONNERY
    Stance: Anti-Gun

The former James Bond went to bat against guns in a 1997 anti-gun ad. In the ad, Sean Connery says, "It is said that a total ban on handguns, including .22s, would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people. Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?"

the ad went as follows

March 17, 1997 Sean Connery Speaks Out for Handgun Ban: Sean Connery has lent his voice to anti-gun campaigners in Scotland, who launched a national cinema commercial on Monday calling for the incoming government to place a total ban on handguns. The commercial is part of a push by the Snowdrop Campaign--formed by parents of the sixteen schoolchildren gunned down last year in the Scottish town of Dunblane--before the country's general elections on May 1. The forty-second spot opens with a man loading a .22-caliber handgun. Connery, the original James Bond, says in a voice-over: "It is said a total ban on handguns, including .22s, would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people." The man in the film then fires several shots at a human-shaped cardboard target. As the camera moves in for a close-up of the gun, Connery says, "Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?" The film ends with the words: "Remember Dunblane. Ban all handguns." Three weeks ago, legislation was introduced in response to the Dunblane killings that bans private ownership and possession of all pistols and revolvers except the .22. --Spades of Columbia 18:25, 7 August 2010 (UTC)

Unless he was short of a few quid and did the Ad for the money then I would say he is Anti gun