Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Feinwerkbau sport - opinions from owners needed.

So true.
    And that Rekord Tigger just smashed everyone else's efforts.

I still shoot a Sport nearly every day, and the trigger never gets any better!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Likewise Tony...I wonder how many BBS members own a FWB Sport MK3? Mach 1.5
    Not very many,

The one I bought turned out to be a MK11.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    So true.
    And that Rekord Tigger just smashed everyone else's efforts.

I still shoot a Sport nearly every day, and the trigger never gets any better!
    Yep, once I had my 77, 80 and my second '35 (I had sold my first '35 years before as I was too young when I got it and it was a bit of a lump for me back then) my Mark 2 Sport didn't get a look in.

Wish I hadn't sold it now, though.

I would certainly have another if the opportunity presented itself (and I could afford it) and would most definitely love to own one of the new ones.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

New one just went for 590 Euro Had a very nice case and extras.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It's not the cost that's stopping me. Or the trigger.
    It's not even the dodgy looks and likely poor performance at UK levels that are putting me off....

Who the Hell would buy a springer in .177?! I mean, really! Even if someone actually were mad enough, like they really thought they were an onion called Demelza, to order one, due to their mental instability they wouldn't be allowed a card to order it!

Still, I like Lego. I expect I'll buy one when they make it in an adult calibre.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Likewise Tony...I wonder how many BBS members own a FWB Sport MK3? Mach 1.5
    I have one Paul. What I've only come to realise in more recent times is the meaning of the term "Dan Dare" muzzle weight. I say this as the one I have has a muzzle weight that is parallel sided with deep grooves machined in it. Whereas reference to the Dan Dare muzzle weight really do liken it to a flared muzzle of a futuristic ray gun😂😂.
    I was not aware that there are two.muzzle weight variations to the Mk3.
    I'm intrigued by the latest incarnation of the Sport but very.much put off by its cost and availability. Or lack of it in these shores.
    Dave

Most of my Spots have been .177 and they have shot hundreds of rabbits, pigeons and squirrels.
    Its pin point pellet placement that counts.
    .22's are for plinkers

My oresent "shooter" isa MKI with MKIII stock Maccari innards and trigger Original Optma 3-9x35 on top.
    Its got a banana barrel and though smooth really needs a full service as it tack drives for a few weeks and then goes odd on me? Done a lot of rounds and still wants to shoot straight most of the time. Really needs someone who knows more than I to tune it again. I reach for my Fenman .177 at the moment more.
    Last edited by Muskett; 20-07-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Most of my Spots have been .177 and they have shot hundreds of rabbits, pigeons and squirrels.
    Its pin point pellet placement that counts.
    Blimey!

How hard do you have to squeeze those spots to achieve that sort of power? And at what range can you take vermin?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!