Thread: Lyman universal case trimer spares

Lyman universal case trimer spares

I use one to trim 204 R cases. The case clamp is not holding them tight anymore. I've had a quick look online but so far can't find anyone who stocks spare parts.. Anyone know where I can get a new clamp or the grippers inside it?
    Thanks

Hi there,

Try contacting Hannams Reloading, they stock quite a lot of Lyman products and might be able to help you.

Good luck.
    Paul

Thanks Paul.. I'll give them a try.

Lyman trimmer

Quote Originally Posted by philong View Post
    I use one to trim 204 R cases. The case clamp is not holding them tight anymore. I've had a quick look online but so far can't find anyone who stocks spare parts.. Anyone know where I can get a new clamp or the grippers inside it?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Do you mean that the jaws no longer hold the case rim tight enough when the clamping lever is fully rotated to its maximum? If this is the case it is likely that then distance from the underside of the clamps and the base is too wide. This should be a simple fix; at the end of the trimmer ( end of clamp shaft) you should see a nut and if this nut is loosened with a socket it should be possible to clockwise turn the clamp shaft into the trimmer body. Only a amount is needed, then retighten the nut whilst holding the shaft in its new position and now check how well the clamp holds the case. If you have gone too far with your adjustment just back the shaft out and retighten. I have used my Lyman for many years from 22 Hornet too 577 Nitro Express and have tightened my clamp one or two times.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pjinoz View Post
    Hi,
    Do you mean that the jaws no longer hold the case rim tight enough when the clamping lever is fully rotated to its maximum? If this is the case it is likely that then distance from the underside of the clamps and the base is too wide. This should be a simple fix; at the end of the trimmer ( end of clamp shaft) you should see a nut and if this nut is loosened with a socket it should be possible to clockwise turn the clamp shaft into the trimmer body. Only a amount is needed, then retighten the nut whilst holding the shaft in its new position and now check how well the clamp holds the case. If you have gone too far with your adjustment just back the shaft out and retighten. I have used my Lyman for many years from 22 Hornet too 577 Nitro Express and have tightened my clamp one or two times.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your suggestion.. just tried it and still no good, I stripped the Chuck and looks like some wear on the cams... I'll do some calling for spares.