Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plinking Good Fun with the Neighbours...

Thumbs up Plinking Good Fun with the Neighbours...

Living in a first floor flat with a communal garden, the prospect of a spot of plinking in said garden had never crossed my mind. With various commitments over the past month, I've not been able to get to the farm to hunt or shoot my rifles either. Going cold turkey is rather unpleasant, so in desperation I brought the Webley Junior home - at least I could satisfy the craving with a bit of indoor target practice.
    Sitting in the garden this afternoon, chatting with some of the neighbours, the subject of airguns came up - funny that - and everyone seemed quite interested. Sensing an opportunity, I went in and fetched the Webley and some pellets - bingo, they all wanted a go, so after a safety lecture we spent the next three hours busting cans. Great fun, not to mention some choice pro-airgun PR - and they all want a repeat performance tomorrow...

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Well done, it can only be good to show that not everybody who are into airgun shooting are some sought of missfits who go around shooting cats and the like. and that it is an enjoyable sport/pastime when done safley and responceably.

Nice one! Well done, wish I had neighbours like that...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Living in a first floor flat with a communal garden, the prospect of a spot of plinking in said garden had never crossed my mind. With various commitments over the past month, I've not been able to get to the farm to hunt or shoot my rifles either. Going cold turkey is rather unpleasant, so in desperation I brought the Webley Junior home - at least I could satisfy the craving with a bit of indoor target practice.
    Sitting in the garden this afternoon, chatting with some of the neighbours, the subject of airguns came up - funny that - and everyone seemed quite interested. Sensing an opportunity, I went in and fetched the Webley and some pellets - bingo, they all wanted a go, so after a safety lecture we spent the next three hours busting cans. Great fun, not to mention some choice pro-airgun PR - and they all want a repeat performance tomorrow...
    Ahhhhhhhh..., Lush! Guilt free social shooting!! Worth paying for the supply of pellets that. Well done
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Nicely done, RW.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Always nice when something like this happens,good result

Thumbs up

Back out this afternoon - empty beer cans at 20 yards for the hardcore, (me), 20 ft for the rest. Quite surprised by the accuracy of the little Junior, far more hits than misses at 20 yards - wouldn't have expected that from a smoothbore pistol...

Great to hear a good bit of air gunning PR.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Back out this afternoon - empty beer cans at 20 yards for the hardcore, (me), 20 ft for the rest. Quite surprised by the accuracy of the little Junior, far more hits than misses at 20 yards - wouldn't have expected that from a smoothbore pistol...
    👍 Spot on.. especially in this nice weather. Lovely.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Nice one! Well done, wish I had neighbours like that...
    They tend to be pro airgun when they see rats in their garden.

Another convert at this evening's session, my neighbour's 18 year old son. Into airsoft, but not - until now - proper airguns. Took to it like the proverbial duck to water. His thoughts on the Webley? It's got real character compared to what he's been accustomed to - smart kid...

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Another convert at this evening's session, my neighbour's 18 year old son. Into airsoft, but not - until now - proper airguns. Took to it like the proverbial duck to water. His thoughts on the Webley? It's got real character compared to what he's been accustomed to - smart kid...
    Great to know that your neighbour's are still enjoying shooting, and that they are seeing airgun shooting in a different light. hope they keep it up.

You should start an airgun club!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    You should start an airgun club!
    Hell no, Rhys - I have precious little time as it is...

Hell no, Rhys - I have precious little time as it is...
    Lol hahaha haaaa... Know what you mean.. that is exactly the reaction I'd have given