Thread: Post Office Knowledge

Post Office Knowledge

I went to post an air rifle this morning at my local post office. The gun was well packed and in a box that I once got a new S400 in. I passed over the parcel to be weighed and told him Parcel Force 48 please. He asked what's in there and I said an airgun for sporting use. He said and you want PF48 and I said well that's the only way I can send it. He said "are you sure, I didn't know that". This was the post master and I know he's been there a good number of years.
    This is Thur a.m. so I asked if they would get it Sat a.m. He said "no" "they don't deliver sat. it will be Mon a.m.
    So PF48 means PF96, (yes 4 days) if its posted Thur or Fri and you could probably send it how you want as P.O. staff don't know much about them although insurance may be a problem.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Thought you could use any of the RM tracked and signed for services with the stipulation that the parcel also clearly shows the senders name and address details?

...and, unless it has changed, there is normally a surcharge for Saturday delivery by PF?
    blah blah

To be fair, PF48 can also mean PF24.
    A stock I bought on this board arrived next day.

When I was selling off loads of my collection I used to claim back money through the po system because it didn't get delivered in 48hrs. IIRC it's about 3 quid you get back. You send an image of your receipt and it takes a couple of days.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    When I was selling off loads of my collection I used to claim back money through the po system because it didn't get delivered in 48hrs. IIRC it's about 3 quid you get back. You send an image of your receipt and it takes a couple of days.
    I Did try this never worked for me I sent a parcel 48 delivery it took four days so I complained and tried to clam money back it also states that your 48 hour period starts soon as you have your recite they very up there own pleased to read that you got something back

48hr /2 days means working days so it will exclude weekends

There are millions of different items, you can hardly expect PO staff to know every rule for every possible item that someone might send.

Weekends are not included in their times because Saturday delivery is a special service & there are no deliveries at all on Sundays.
    I have had a refund for one sent RMSD which was refused air cargo & so went by road & took several days.

PF48 is the only PF service you can use.

RM state 1st class as the minimum, but as that only has £50 cover & only goes to a med size parcel it's not practical,
    RMSD, guaranteed next day, has £500 cover so is a good option if you can get inside the size limits.

Large parcels must use PF, & airguns on PF must use PF48 only, but make sure the PO does not confuse that with PF48 large which is for really big stuff.

I finally received a stock today that was posted PF48 on Friday

I followed the tracking, it got so far, then went back over When it did arrive, it had a parcel force express 24 sticker stuck over the 48 one

WTF
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25