Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advise on fx

Advise on fx

Hi I'm not that up on pcp but any advice would be very much appreciated I'm looking a buying a pcp I've been offered 2 both fx one is the bobcat the other is a wildcat if anyone has ever had both of these what would u recommend

Both are very good guns but make sure you handle them as I bought a Wildcat and sold it a week later as I just couldn't get on with the bullpup concept. I just couldn't get a decent cheek weld no matter where I mounted the scope including trying an MTC Connect.

Steer clear of it, get a Quality Springer instead. I personally have not had one, and from what I have heard would not go near one. I also heard that a very respected shop have stopped selling them due to there reliability and bad customer service. One fella I know who works in another shop has always said they are trouble.
    Like every thing you will get people that say theirs is the best gun they have ever had, and love them, and others will say never again.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

FX seems only to rule in the USA only with customers who never seen better. YouTube is full of their agressive marketing videos and their marketing forum is censored and closely monitored. I would Avoid really, they are overpriced for what they are and will become a headache soon after. You have been warned.
    Last edited by krisko; 26-09-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Steer clear of it, get a Quality Springer instead. I personally have not had one, and from what I have heard would not go near one. I also heard that a very respected shop have stopped selling them due to there reliability and bad customer service. One fella I know who works in another shop has always said they are trouble.
    Like every thing you will get people that say theirs is the best gun they have ever had, and love them, and others will say never again.
    Really? You're the first person I've seen criticising the reliability of FX Wildcats. Sure some like them and some don't but I thought they were pretty much universally respected as being high quality and reliable rifles? Up to now the worst criticism I've read is that the mags are only 8 shot.

Any Wildcat owners out there to comment please as I'm thinking of getting one over the Galahad?
    AA S400 Carbine (now gone), FX Wildcat Mk2, Steyr Pro X Scout, Umarex SA-10

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    FX seems only to rule in the USA only with customers who never seen better. YouTube is full of their agressive marketing videos and their marketing forum is censored and closely monitored. I would Avoid really, they are overpriced for what they are and will become a headache soon after. You have been warned.
    You must have an agenda pal, in another thread you slagged FX off and when I asked for some solid evidence why people shouldn’t buy an FX rifle the silence was deafening.
    You have done the exact thing again.
    Would you care to tell us your experience with these rifles? Which types have you owned, caliber, model etc.

LOL! buy a quality springer instead I had to laugh at that one sorry!

Whilst FX may not be everyones cup of tea I personally have no idea why someone would want to own a spring gun, but each to their own.

I have FX rifles but have not owned the particular models you mention, it's like anything you get good and bad ones and you like them or you dont!

I have a mk1 wildcat, mine is bang on no trouble whatsoever. Build quality is as good as other makes , cocking is smooth and predictable. .mine is as accurate as a accurate thing with Jsb exacts
    Does everything I ask of it

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pelletpinger View Post
    You must have an agenda pal, in another thread you slagged FX off and when I asked for some solid evidence why people shouldn’t buy an FX rifle the silence was deafening.
    You have done the exact thing again.
    Would you care to tell us your experience with these rifles? Which types have you owned, caliber, model etc.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASuZ3vWbUXQ

The title says it all
    Last edited by krisko; 26-09-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    I would not buy anything with a straw barrel inserted into shitty o rings what roll around, the only good thing is for FX they are 10 euros to make and sell for 300 lol or is it 500 whatever.

It seems FX is getting into the situation that they will allow users to work on their own guns, warranty no warranty because they break so often.
    Thanks for that, you’ve confirmed my thoughts on which orifice you are talking out of.

Not got or used a Wildcat (have handled one though), but have used a Bobcat MK1 (in .177 - 16 shot mag) for about 6 weeks, just wished I'd the money for it at the time. Though not shot the Wildcat, I'd go for that over the Bobcat, it's lighter and the cocking lever is in a more 'natural' position - as a previous poster said, make sure that you handle & shoulder them both, as you may well disagree with my preference.
    Edit
    Between my wife, son & myself, we've 4 FX guns (all .177) which we use for FT, with both Smooth Twist & Lothar barrels, accuracy in .177 isn't any different between the guns over the distances we shoot. I've also used the Bobcat (as previously mentioned) and an Impact. I have found the guns with the Smooth Twist barrels a bit pellet fussy & now tend to use JSB 4.53 through them, as opposed to JSB 4.52 through the rest of the PCPs (including the wifes S200)
    Last edited by SuffolkRifle; 27-09-2018 at 09:49 PM.

I have had most makes of PCP guns and back in April got FX impact .25 fac all i can say what a gun .
    You can look on the web to find negative on most guns and really good reviews on the same guns
    Take note on the ones who had these guns and not what you hear from the ones who talk ****

I've got a Bobcat mk2 in .22 Never had any problems and I'm sure FX make the magazine loading with pellets, shall we say, more interesting,as the gun shoots spot on. Different makes of pellets group fine, the only change is either up, down, left or right, but they all group together. Good quality all round.

Wildcat

Theyre lovely guns mate, small, light, accurate and a great shot count. I had similar problems to the gogg regarding cheek weld. Really wish i kept it as i am really missing it. I will definately be getting another one. Dont be put off by the negative comments. Especially by people who have never owned one, theyre not in a position to give a proper view on them. The wildcat is a lovely rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake267 View Post
    Theyre lovely guns mate, small, light, accurate and a great shot count. I had similar problems to the gogg regarding cheek weld. Really wish i kept it as i am really missing it. I will definately be getting another one. Dont be put off by the negative comments. Especially by people who have never owned one, theyre not in a position to give a proper view on them. The wildcat is a lovely rifle.
    Thanks mate and to everyone else who shared their 'hands on' experiences!

Really looking forward to my new Walnut .177 cat arriving now!
    AA S400 Carbine (now gone), FX Wildcat Mk2, Steyr Pro X Scout, Umarex SA-10