Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New baracudas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New baracudas

Hello all,does anyone know of anyone who is selling the new barracuda ft pellets please ?

I've been keen to get hold of some of these for a while and have been looking out for their general release.

Don't think they're available yet????????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've been keen to get hold of some of these for a while and have been looking out for their general release.

Don't think they're available yet????????
    What's the spec Tony?
    I've not seen them yet...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I think they are still in test phase
    On second batch with a smaller head size tin slight different graphic from the first batch
    Weight 9.57grains
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsmatch View Post
    On second batch with a smaller head size tin slight different graphic from the first batch
    Weight 9.57grains
    Thanks ,there is a metion of them in one of the airgun mags but nothing about availability .

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsmatch View Post
    Weight 9.57grains
    That's a good weight for a .177.. will there be a .20?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

they are barracuda FT is all I know I’m just emailing my findings back H&N
    That’s all I know sorry
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

New barracuda ft pellets

After initial tests the new barracuda match 4.50 are not the wonder pellet I was hoping for ! There were hardly any damaged in the tin and look really good but tried them in my hunting5 and mk2 wildcat and they were very consistent over the chrono and accuracy was good but not great ,but I was loosing about 1ftlb in power and because of this and with the accuracy as it was I won’t be using them for hunting.I was hoping they would be the ideal weight and speed but they just don’t seem to suit my barrels .I will give them another longer try at a later date ! Has anyone else had the same results ? Mike

I haven't ordered mine yet....need to get the Mrs enlisted and sort on PayPal.

I have high hopes for them. Thank you for sharing your experiences with them and be sure to keep us updated with future trials.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

P.S.

The reason I have high hopes for them is that many of my HW springers' favourite pellets are the H&N FTT and I used to love the 9.5 grains Silhouettes of old. But, obviously, come testing time I'll have to not let any bias / rose tinted shades influence the results and conduct the tests objectively.

I wouldn’t buy them again

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    I wouldn’t buy them again
    Care to share the reason why you wouldn't?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    After initial tests the new barracuda match 4.50 are not the wonder pellet I was hoping for ! There were hardly any damaged in the tin and look really good but tried them in my hunting5 and mk2 wildcat and they were very consistent over the chrono and accuracy was good but not great ,but I was loosing about 1ftlb in power and because of this and with the accuracy as it was I won’t be using them for hunting.I was hoping they would be the ideal weight and speed but they just don’t seem to suit my barrels .I will give them another longer try at a later date ! Has anyone else had the same results ? Mike
    If they are lighter it means that there is less ' lead ' and more tin in the alloy which makes it harder. I am not a fan of non lead pellets.

A.G

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If they are lighter it means that there is less ' lead ' and more tin in the alloy which makes it harder. I am not a fan of non lead pellets.

A.G
    or they just use less material...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

And my verdict.

Awesome, so far.

I haven't actually bought any yet as I need to have a chat with the Mrs as I don't do PayPal but she does, and I can get her to do the necessaries in order to get some from our fine hosts.

BUT.......that very good and generous chap, Sportsmatch, sent me a selection of some of the test FTs a couple of weeks ago. I had an extra day off today, as we had a couple of appointments re kids' hospital and school. But we had a few hours spare in the afternoon and the wife needed to go to Meadowhall with one of my daughters to sort a dress. Conveniently, this is located only a few minutes' drive away from the indoor range at South Yorkshire Shooting Club, so the Mrs dropped me off and collected me. Still dying to try Brian Samson's fine facility, which I'm determined to one day.

Anyways, previous testing had revealed that my V-Mach kitted .177 HW95's favourite diet was FTTs, it preferring these to boxed 7.9 Premiers (the previous favourite) with three flavours of Exacts, AAFs and Superdomes all on a par but slightly behind the Prems.

I'd just finished a tin of FTTs, so took along a fresh tin. And today's groups with those were not, admittedly, quite as tight as those previously attained with the FTTs. The best group measuring about 15mm edge to edge. So, not its favourite batch of FTT?

The Baracuda FT.......as many have said, they're tighter in the breech than the FTT. And that goes for both stated head sizes. I haven't tested velocity, and some say that they seem to rob power in some guns. Impact point about 15mm lower than the FTT at 34 yards. But accuracy with random samples of both sizes was simply stunning, with many groups easily coming under 10mm edge to edge. One group was particularly spectacular, a nice 5mm hole with four shots, but that last one about 3mm away. I put that down to pilot error.

As I say, range was 34 yards, Boinger rested on a range bag, with a 4x32 Nikko Air King. I wonder how much I could have tightened some of those groups with more mag?

Now, I'd said all along that if accuracy was good in still conditions, I'm going to guess that they should really excel in the breeze, knowing how good the old Silhouettes were years ago and JSB Heavies more recently (yawn, Tone, think we've said that a few times). Even if it turns out that they rob power a little, it doesn't matter to me as I don't hunt or shoot comps and I can see these becoming my "go to" pellet other than for back garden / hallway use.

So, must get some bought and we'll also see how they behave in the Quigley Hollow breeze this weekend.

And thank you once again, Mr Sportsmatch, for your most generous gesture. You're a star.